Sad

Last night my friends daughter went into a coma and went brain dead. She was on life support but passed away late last night. Im trying to write something nice in her card and everythng sounds so dumb...what would you write or can you give me some ideas?

BallardMomma

Asked by BallardMomma at 1:44 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• "The pain is at its strongest right now and it may never fully go away but happiness will return to you. No matter how hard it hurts right now, it will get better, even though you may not think so right now, one day you will smile again maybe a week from now or a month from now but it will happen and a little more time will go by and you will laugh again. And it will be ok. Because your daughter feels no pain and she is in bliss now. "
    candace71306

Answer by candace71306 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Say that you are very sorry. Talk about some ways the daughter influenced you or those around her and that you'll remember her with great affection. You can also remind your friend that you would be willing at any time to talk (or just listen) either on the phone or to get together.

Answer by Bmat at 1:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My thoughts exactly pp. And, I'm so sorry for your friends loss and the sadness you must be experiencing for her. {{ HUGS }}
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• You might offer to do whatever she wants to do right now to try to establish some sweet memories of her daughter so that future holidays won't be associated with a death in her family. My mom has cancer and her docs all said she wouldn't be around for this Christmas. She's still here, has a GREAT attitude and is a blessing to all who know her. I'm spending the holidays with her and dad, doing my best to remind her of all the good times we've had over the years. I'm really glad she didn't pass away during this time, though, and I wish your friend all God's grace as she grieves.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 6:26 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• BTW... Great answer, Candace! You should work for Hallmark!
    Anonymous