• In the Spotlight:

Anyone experience this, how long did you last?

I am 34 1/2 weeks. I had my DR appt. It started with a NST that took forever to get what they needed. I then had an ultrasound for I think they call it a BBT, and the baby wasn't moving much and kinda lost lots of points in that. I then seen the Dr and was check and I am a good 3cm dialated, 40% effaced and at -2 station. I am finially not working anymore (long story, difference in opinions between DRS). I am to keep my stuff I do around the house to a limit, I am not allowed to lift my girls, and not allowed to travel by car for long trips over the holidays. I am also GD, so playing with my blood sugars some, they are not bad, just some starting to creep up. I do not have to worry about having a Christmas baby do I, do I have sometime. I still have not packed my hospital bag. I was hoping for a couple more weeks. But also miserable, so hoping not much longer, but trying not to be selfish.

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Honey, that baby will come when its ready. You have no control over that. Besides the fact, just because you're dilating and you're almost 50% effaced doesnt mean you're going to have the baby soon. I was 50% dilated for 5 weeks before I had my daughter. I also lost my mucus plug 3 weeks before and thats something they tell you is a sign that you're baby is coming anywhere from that moment to the next couple days. So hang in there. I'm sure you're baby will hang out for a little bit longer.
    kaleabugsmommy

Answer by kaleabugsmommy at 1:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• usually even if you have progressed this far - they will mostlikely stop your labor if you go into L&D before 37 weeks.
    if the medicine doesnt help stop your labor then you will have an early baby.
    DO exactly what the doc said - i am suprised that you arent on bed rest - if you follw the doc orders EXACTLY you should be able to keep your labor from progressing. stay hydrated because if you become dehydrated you can cause your body to start contracting.
    try not to be up for more than 20 minutes at a time. and DONT pick up DD's!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 2:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2008