Write Name on Everything

So DD's school supply list for Kindergarten reads at the bottom "Make sure to write your child's name on EVERYTHING."

Does that mean the box of tissues and wipes? Does it mean the individual glue sticks? What about her pencils?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 1:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2011 in

• the tissues and stuff no, pencil box yes, I did on everything else too, a sharpie with a good tip works well. kids end up with each others stuff, this helps them find it and give it back to the right child
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2011

• Yes. You can get stickers at staples and write their name on them and stick them to glue sticks it is not that hard. I always put my childs name on everything. You probably wont need to with tissue though since that is community property.

Answer by gemgem at 1:35 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

• I have no idea... Our clasrooms around here are shared supplies so it says "Don't not write your child's name on anything' I would leave it off the tissues and wipes and stuff and ask at open house. They should have a sharpie there.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

• I think it means on all things you can. Pencils and glue would be next to impossible

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:31 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

• I used to write my dd's name on all the glue sticks. Might as well write it on pencils..atleast initials. I wouldn't write it on wipes and tissues.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:31 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

• LOL... My sister is a 3rd grade teacher and the school rule is that none of the supplies are labeled. She has found that the students lose less pencils if they are labeled. So she has her aide label 4 pencils for each kid before school starts. It saves them tons of pencils. And now they only ask for 12 from each kid instead of the 48 they asked for prior.

I say label everything.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:33 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

• Oh duh,, I didn't even think of a sticker gemgem,, I was imaging Keely trying to write with a sharpie on a pencil..Do they still make those things that you can print your name and the stick it on,, I can't remember what it was called but it looked like a tape gun with a round wheel to change the letters and numbers, then you could stick it on like tape and the letters were kind of raised up?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:41 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

• How funny, mine said make sure NOT to write his name on ANYthing,,LOL I woulnd't worry about the glue sticks or the pencils ,,or even the wipes and tissue.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

• I do remember having teachers that requested this. She must have zero tolerance for a lost pencil or glue stick that is being claimed by more then one at the same time....lol Good luck
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

• kimi - no, but they make computerized ones now that print out a "typed" label

Answer by missanc at 1:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2011