Baby Shower

My BF is freaking out because the shower is for women only. He wanted us to have it like a BBQ and he was going to invite all of his friends. I know that they will just end up partying, drinking, and being crazy. My sister and my mom were just planning on a little thing in the back yard with games and food. How do I make him understand that its not that kind of party?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• Suggest he have a diaper party on a later date. Diapers and beer will probably sound more appealing to him than a bunch of shower games.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 1:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Yeah have him throw a diaper party. My SO loved his, they even got him a stripper. Oh and we got enough diapers to fill up our daughter's closet!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• It's a traditional womens' event. A time for all the women in your life to support YOU and give you advice. It has nothing to do with the guy. Co-ed showers are becoming more and more popular these days. But I tend to stick with the tradition. But if he can't understand that, don't stress yourself out trying to explain it. Maybe you can have both, so you get your show the way you deserve it, and he can celebrate the baby coming his way too.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Ooooh, I must be getting old! I've never heard of the diaper party. What a great idea!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2008