Side sleeping?

My baby has such a hard time falling alseep in his crib. As soon as he is laid down, no matter how tired, he kicks and flails his arms so much that it wakes him up. I have tried swaddling, but he kicks it off. I thought about trying to have him sleep on his side instead of his back? WHat do you guys think? If I do it, how do I prop him, and does his arm fall aleep if he is laying on it?

expectoct

Asked by expectoct at 1:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my little guy actually always rolled on his side when he was little... have you ever taken cpr? if so just roll your little one on his side and put the top leg angled so the knee is holding him on his side with his top arm also down to hold his head up
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 2:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i had always let my lil one sleep on his side..i usually stick a lil pillow between his arms and legs (kinda like hes wrapped around something) for comfort, and he sleeps all night through..can give it a try good luck!!!
    maxi169

Answer by maxi169 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My guy rolls to his side when he gets sleepy and nods off that way. Just like us, they all like to sleep in different ways! How old is your little one?
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• a baby needs to be able to roll on his side and back before this is one, so they can reposition if they need to. you can start him out on his side, but please dont prop him there.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2008