Man vs. Woman

In you home, what is your role. Are you the primary keeper that keeps the household and takes care you your family? Do you each share chores equally. Do you divide into man and woman chores. Do you think there is a such thing as man chores and woman chores.Do you think your husband should be equally responsible for the laundry, cooking, dishes, other housekeeping chores? Give examples of your daily routine. And include what your husband does around the home to help you if anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Home & Garden

• My husband takes care of the cars and the outside work and house repairs (that we don't hire someone for.) He takes down the trash, and carries out the compost. He vacuums because I have a back problem. I shop, cook, do laundry, clean bathrooms and kitchen, pay bills. He balances the check book because I don't like to. Either of us loads the dishwasher and runs the wash. We share responsibility pretty much equally, if one sees something that needs done we do it without regard to whether it is the other's task. We both keep the household functioning.

Answer by Bmat at 2:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My husband is gone on business trips quite a bit so most of the errands and chores fall on me. When he is home he is wonderful help! So I guess to answer your question we split the chores equally when we can.
    Anonymous

• We work together as a team. Like if I cook he puts the dishes in the dishwasher. If I wash, dry, and fold he will put away and hang up clothes. If I sweep he vaccuums. It just works out that way for us and its the best way we've found to work for us.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 2:44 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• We're a team when we're together. For the time being he works out of state and is only home every several months. Before he moved, we both worked. He worked full time, I worked part time from home and part time out of the house and I also went to school full time. On the days I had to work that he had off he would stay home with the kids, but for the most part nothing would get done around the house. When I was home I would at least keep up on laundry and "picking up" but we kind of "tag teamed" the house on our one day off together. He is responsible for the home and vehicle maintenance and I definitely do more as far as getting the kids up and around and daily care. (Not to say he doesn't help out when I need it)
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• He takes care of the trash, cars and maybe laundry once in a while. If i ask he will help but i try not to bc he works really hard.
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 9:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i do it all i mean everything i feel like a fifties housewife
    sarababy321

Answer by sarababy321 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2009