37wks doctors appt...

I went yesterday to the doctor my 37th wk check up. They did the strep B test and listened to her heartbeat. My doc was a lil under the weather... but after telling him that I have been contracting like crazy for the past 3days he still wouldn't check to see if i was dilated!? Also when I asked why her heartbeat was lower he never gave me an explantion. I appreciate him trying not to get me sick but I was there to see him and none of my questions got answered. Her heartbeat is normally 150-160 and yesterday it was between 128-130. Is this normal?? Why didn't he check to see if I was dilating?? I've lost my mucus plug already!?!

Thanks,

Shawna

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Wow - Maybe you can call up there today && see if you can schedual another apt with him.
    CourtneyAnn8690

Answer by CourtneyAnn8690 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• DRs. can be a pain in the arse, my OB rushes me in and out sometimes and puts my questions on hold. If you think you should be checked, I'd call and get a second appt. It is no good to have yourself stressed over the matter.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• If he did the GBS then he probably checked you without you knowing. Probably one of those "no news is good news" things.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I called and he is out of the office today! I tried to ask the nurse the questions and she blew me off! I love my doctor but I don't know if I will use him again next time b/c of his staff. I was contracting every 10mins a few wks ago called him and waited for 2hrs and left to go to Labor and Delivery and 5hrs later while I was at the hospital they returned my call! but he is amazing when he isnt sick
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Oh no he didn't check me.. he didn't even put the swab thing very far in me either
    Babyclark08

• I asked the same thing yesterday. Well kinda,
    I went yesterday for my 36 week check-up and he did the strep B test also and didnt check if I was dilating at all. But I didnt ask him because I thought even tho I am going in to have a c-section they didnt have to check even tho I would like to know.
    Anonymous

• Some docs don't check until 38 weeks, so I wouldn't worry about that. As for the heartbeat, it tends to slow down as they get closer to your due date, so don't worry!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:35 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• The heartrate seems normal. As the baby gets bigger the heartrate will go lower. Make sure to keep up with your kick counts. If you're at 37 weeks you should be going every week so just make sure that he checks you next week. Some doctors won't check you if you are contracting without your water breaking because it can cause you to go into labor.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 2:37 PM on Dec. 23, 2008