I think I might have the flu.

Im 36 weeks preg. && for the past 2 days/nights I haven't slept at all im throwing up constantly, lost all my color, im white as a sheet, have a fever of 101.3 i feel so drained and have severe abdominal pain. I called my doctor to see if I could come in and he said no bc I could risk getting the other patients sick. I understand they don't need to get what I have but what do I do I don't want this to harm my baby. Ooh he did call me in some phenergan to my pharmacy but that just gets rid of nausua. What about everything else?! What should I do?!

CourtneyAnn8690

Asked by CourtneyAnn8690 at 2:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Did you call your OBGYN or a regular doctor? A regular doc should never turn your away if your sick, they're SUPPOSED to see sick people! I'd maybe call another doc.

That being said, flu is not as common as people think it is (and it's a lot more serious than people think as well, that's why there's so much pressure for flu shots). There are lots of different stomach viruses and things (food poisoning is a big one) that mimics the flu, so try not to worry too much.

When is your next regular check-up? If you don't want to see another doc, then start ailing yourself: drink lots of water, stay in bed, chicken soup, etc. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Thank You!
    && It was my obgyn that I called I have an appt with him today @ 4 so maybe we cna figure something out. I still feel like crap. Can this affect my baby!?
    CourtneyAnn8690

Answer by CourtneyAnn8690 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2008