How soon did you potty Train your LO.

Please state wether it was a Boy or Girl or if you've had to potty train one of each and how difficult it was.. If you have any tips and tricks that worked for you. Please share!!!

ashcoyle

Asked by ashcoyle at 2:22 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• Girl...pt herself at 22 mos. Just decided she was going to go. very easy...shes 14 now
    girl...wouldn't go and fought me until the day she turned 3 and then decided she was ready... Easy after age 3...shes 10 now
    Boy.....I waited until he was 3 and he still fought me some. Finally completely pt by 3 and a few months. Still has accidents because boys are lazy...LOL ...hes 7 now.
    boy.....youngest is 2 1/2. I was not even going to attempt PT him until he was 3 but he learned by watching us and he has basically trained himself to pee. The poop part will come with time. Hes very immature, so I am taking that into consideration. I just learned that they will do it when they want and not to push.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:26 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• With my youngest stepson we used positive reinforcement instead of punishment. We started by punishing him when he'd wet his pants and we realized he was just being lazy. Then we used the positive reinforcement instead. Like if he went to the potty without having to be reminded he got an extra hour of tv. If he went the whole day he got to pick out a movie at the rental store. Once we got to going through the night we had bought my stepsons bunk beds and the goal was whoever could go the longest without wetting the bed at night got the top bed.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 2:31 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I started with my daughter at 27 months. I let her run around the backyard without pants several times over the summer. I took her little potty out with us and would haul her to the potty if I saw her peeing. To start with, she didn't want to sit on the potty and would run away laughing and finish peeing sometime later. Eventually she caught on and was willling to sit until she went. That's when full potty training started. She's 29 months now and can go most days without an accident. Remember that naptime and bedtime do not count. Many kids are daytime trained years before their bodies are ready for nighttime.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I started with mine at the age of 2. Oldest son was potty trained at 2 1/2, youngest son by 3 and daughter by 2 1/2.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• We tried so hard for our DS to be trained and it never worked. When we finally backed off is when he finally started going, he was 2 1/2.
    delta27

Answer by delta27 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• 2 girls and 2 boys in that order. lol In my house it was so much easier with the girls... Tey were ready alot sooner.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• 1 boy and i did it alone since his dad was in iraq. i started at 18 months by taking him to the bathroom with me everytime and that was the first thing i did in the morning was put him on the potty, as well as just before a bath abd bed. it took about 4 months before he was able to tell me when he needed to go both pee and poop he was almost 2 1/2 when he had it down 100% on his own and i taught him how to pee standing up. he still wore goodnites to bed until he was 4 to be safe from accidents because he was still ahving trouble recognizing the cues in the middle of the night. i dont know how any one else did it but i though it was pretty easy all and all.
    rismommabear

Answer by rismommabear at 1:08 AM on Dec. 24, 2008