How do i tell my parents i'm pregnant?

i'm 15 and i have no idea how to tell them... or my boyfriends parents.
i need some ideas and advice.

plz.. & thank you

teen_mum

Asked by teen_mum at 2:29 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• just come out and tell them...TODAY
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:32 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• The sooner the better. I waited until I was 5 months and it wasn't pretty. I was 15 also. Just sit them down and say, I am pregnant and this is what I want to do.....
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• say... "I need to talk to you all" they'll know it's something serious... then just tell them
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• how to tell them. Im not quite sure what kind of parents you have. if they are religious or over emotional or easy going.. I would say that sitting both families down and talking to them may work
    another way to do it, is if you wrote them a letter, so that way they could each read it, instead of hearing you say it for the first time, and sometimes its better for you to type out your feelings instead of saying them. because sometimes you can become over emotional when talking and slip up and just start saying random things. and this way if they read the letter themselves, without a bunch of people around, they will be able to figure out what they want to say, and figure out how they want to handle it before flipping out. Please let me know how it goes. Send me a friend invite :) And if you have any other questions, just ask .. Once again congratulations to you and your bf. Your lives have just been blessed by a lil angel
    ashcoyle

Answer by ashcoyle at 2:38 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i just turned 17 when i found out i was pregnant. i got the test and sat next to my mom and showed her.. my dad on the other hand.. i waited until i got noticably big to tell him.. but if there's any change of you getting abused because of it talk to a school counselor.
    tegansnowflake

Answer by tegansnowflake at 2:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• all I can really tell you is to get your ducks in a row before you tell them. Talk to your boyfriend and see what he thinks, figure out how you are going to raise the child, what you are going to do as far as your relationship, etc.. if you come to them as a united front and you have answers for all their questions, they should (I say should only because you are very young) be ok. That's what we did for my boyfriend's parents because they're really critical. They were very impressed that we had a gameplan, that things like insurance and prenatal care were already in motion, and that we had discussed issues like where we were going to live, wether or not we were going to get married, etc before we told them. I would definitely both tell both sets of parents. And don't wait.. it gets really uncomfortable to be around the parents that don't know when all you want to do is get sick or eat your heart out.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Im 18 and pregnant, the first person I told my my fiance (now my husband) he had just left for a trip he called his mother I called my bestfriend when I got to his mom's house she made me call my parents they were mad well more disapointed but now im 25 weeks and they couldnt be more thrilled everyone is so excited now it's a blessing they may not see it now but they will sooner or later and if not its there loss...
    ah2590

Answer by ah2590 at 2:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I think you should tell them when they have been drinking J/K. The best thing to do I think is have your boyfriend go to your house and both of you tell them together. When I got pregnant I was 18 and I hid my pregnacy from everyone until I was 4 months then I decided to tell my sister first then when she saw my mom and dad walk in the house my sister told them. My mom was very mad at me and didn't talk to me for a few months. So I think the best thing to do is let them know soon becasue they will be upset if you wait to long.
    andrea86160

Answer by andrea86160 at 6:40 PM on Dec. 23, 2008