How do I get my 2 yr old to stop biting her nails and the stop nail biting polish doesn't work?

Meghan569

Asked by Meghan569 at 2:32 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried Tabasco sauce or Jalapeno juice...just kidding
    It is a nervous thing either she will grow out of it or maybe she won't. You can try to help prevent this by telling her. No. GL
    Anonymous

• Do you bite your nails? that could be a reason I bit my nails my whole life and when I saw my DD started to do it to I knew I had to stop. I would go to the salon and get designs and jewels painted on and I told her if you stop biting your nails I'll take you to get this done too. Well that was the last day she bit her nails and yes I did take her to get pretty designs on her new long nails (best 10 bucks ever). 2 years later and we both have long fingernails. Hardest habit I ever had to break.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 3:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• GOOD question! I am terrible! I told my 3YO that if he didn't stop that I would have to bring him to the Dr to get a shot.... I know - it's wrong! :)
    It helped that day, but he keeps doing it so I keep telling him...
    Bentyswife

Answer by Bentyswife at 3:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I've bitten mine my whole life. My mom tried everything on me, and nothing worked.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2008