Does your DH organize the grocery cart and place....

each items perfectly in "his" order at the checkout counter? I swear to you ladies, my DH is NEVER going with me shopping again! He is sooooo AR about where each item needs to be placed in the cart! He even refuses to allow anyone else to bag our groceries because they need to STAY IN HIS RIDICULOUS order!

Needless to say, he has always done this; yesterday, however, he lectured me for 30 minutes in the grocery store about the purpose of all can goods being on the bottom of the cart! I wanted to run him over and still do!

UGGGHHH!!!

rcbrown

Asked by rcbrown at 2:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• OOHHH MY GOSH MY DAD DOES THIS......LMAO !!!!!
    HE HAS TO BAG HIS OWN AND HAS TO TIE THE BAG ALSO.....DRIVES ME NUTS~~~ BUT THE BAD THING IS HE JOKES AT MY STEPMOM TO STAY AWAY FROM THE BAGGING AREA AND I THINK SHE GETS MAD.
    justgg

Answer by justgg at 2:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• ha! my DH likes to just "chuck" things in the cart, no real specific order... same with when we're in the check-out line.

IDK about that lecture on canned goods though haha, they can be stacked high rather than placed on the bottom :)
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 2:40 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• not my so, but me yes. i use my own bags, so i always put my grocerys on the counter accordingly.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Haha he sounds like me! I even put them up on the treadmill thing in the order they need to be bagged. It's an OCD thing. I don't take my SO shopping because he too, just "chucks" stuff in the cart...mostly junk food...drives me nuts....
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I throw them in the cart willy nilly, but I do try to put like all the cold and/or frozen things together, all the canned goods together, veggies together, etc, just so that all the cold/frozen stuff can kind of work together to stay cold. I never let my ex go shopping with me, b/c he would just want to buy a ton of junk food.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My husband is the same way. He has to bag and will rearrange all the items if I put them incorrectly. He is very anal about his grocery cart too.LOL
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• No...that sounds more like me. I like to keep everything together to make it easier on me when I put it away etc. My husband simply puts it in the cart & buys crap we don't need. I hate taking him because we overspend & buy a lot of extra stuff.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I think he is a tad bit extreme! I do have a system to my shopping cart too, but you don't deserve a lecture! At the end of the day, does it really matter how the groceries sat in the cart? My SO is pretty OCD-ish about other things, but I don't care, I just do things my way when he's not around. It's funny how we have to cater to the "special" people in our lives. LOL
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 3:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My husband doesn't have any particular order about how things are in the cart. He will stack the frozen dinners and such, but that is more to do with making space for the rest of the groceries. He used to be a bagger and sometimes if the checker is getting piled up he will start to bag our groceries.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My husband doesn't shop much, but the organizing the cart thing, that's me. I organize everything. My mother said that even as a small child I organized all of my toys. It's in my brain to be this way. I couldn't stop it if I tried.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 7:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2008