TMI My face went numb..

There have been a few times that my SO and I have been messing around and he'd go down on me. When i finish (sometimes even if i don't) i'm left with a numb, tingling feeling. Like the one time i couldn't move my fingers right (kinda like i just woke up from sleeping on my hand all night) Another time my whole face was numb like i had 100 shots of novicane. My lips wouldn't move right and i could barely speak right. I'm curious how many others have experienced this, and why it happens?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• This has happened to me too!! I'm thinking it has to do with the oxygen and the bloodflow...I tend to hold my breath when it's unbearably good, which is probably what causes it for me, but who knows?? Maybe you should talk to your doctor?
    ChelseySpelsey

Answer by ChelseySpelsey at 2:37 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I have had the numb tingling face before... I don't why it happens.. it has only happen twice.. but weird..If you find out let me kno..lol
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 2:37 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Yeah I get kinda tingly too, and I'm just liek chelsea, if its too good, I hold my bretah without even knowing it most times. But not as numb as that, just tingly, my legs and my feet have gone numb before, but I got feeling back with like 15 minutes or so
    Anonymous

• Do you use condoms? Maybe you're allergic to latex. Or maybe your hubby ate something that you're allergic to.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Well, that's one hell of an orgasm. LOL. I don't have this problem, but it seems like you are not alone by the answers so far. If you are concerned, I suggest asking your OBGYN. There may be a reasonable explanation. chelseyspelsey's answer makes sense to me.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 3:23 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I know that orgasm increases blood flow and opens up capilaries. But the numbness is the opposite where blood flow has been restricted. I've never heard of this unless either you are hyper ventilating which will cause tingling in your hands and a numb feeling or possibly holding your breath too long. I'm inclined to think that it is the hyperventilating that is causing it.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:31 AM on Dec. 24, 2008