• In the Spotlight:

How many mom's have proved this wrong?

I went for my prenatal appointment yesterday and I am at the point of going into labor any day now. My doctor told me to not get to excited that since I went past due with my son (I had to be induced 11 days after my due date) that women tend to follow the same order meaning that I will most likely go past my due date again!

I don't want to be pregnant past my due date I am ready now lol, so I am wondering how many other moms out there proved this wrong, I got really excited hoping I would go in on early side of term, but after he told me that my spirits just got dampened : -(

Married2theBest

Asked by Married2theBest at 2:35 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have heard of it being the complete opposite with the second one
    ashcoyle

Answer by ashcoyle at 2:39 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I went a week and a half over with my first. He ended up being an emergency c-section and we knew then and there due to the circumstances of his birth that any other children I had would also be born by c-section. So baby #2 and baby #3 were sections as well and they were scheduled a week before my actual due date. I just happened to go into labor the day I was scheduled to go in for my c-section with both of them. So what your doctor said, was not the case with me, I went into labor a week early with my second and third. Good luck!
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 2:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Every preganancy is different and you have to know the due date is an approximate time and can be 2 weeks after that date. My first one was on time and my second was LATE, 3rd one was induced on the due date and 4th was induced to early. I was by the charts 38 weeks but when he got here he should have stayed and baked 2 or 3 more weeks and had respiratory problems and he is also hyper. I should have and wished I would have waited it out but I could not sleep and I was miserable. Selfish on my part so I would just wait it out and the baby will come when it is ready! Good luck and don't let your spirit be struck down!
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Second babies usually (usually!) come sooner than first babies. So, with luck, at least you shouldn't go 11 days past due. Try walking, sex, and eating spicy foods. Those have the best track record though they don't work for everyone.

Also with luck you won't deliver near New Years and be in the hospital Dec 31 and Jan 1. If you do, your insurance company will charge you for two annual deductibles - one for 2008 and one for 2009.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• those doctors cannot tell you anymore then i can when you will go into labor if you are due it could be today it could be next week that baby is coming when that baby wants to
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• ugh kaycee thank you for that info, our insurance is changing after the 1st of the year but not for the better its getting worse, I didn't know they would charge us deductibles for both years!
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i was exactly one week late BOTH my pregnancys.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:47 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• not me, but my sister was a week overdue with her first and 3 weeks early with her 2nd. Third one was 3 days late.. good luck!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I was a week late for all my pregnancies. I know...bummer.
    jaimie175

Answer by jaimie175 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Keep in mind that what your doctor said was just a "sometimes". My doctor kept telling me that my baby's heartbeat trended with what girl's usually have (we didn't find out the sex), but she has quite a penis! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2008