Smokiingg?

Has anyone smoked while pregnant? Same amount? Cut down?..... Be honest.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i would never smoke when pregnant. its child abuse (many pediatricians and OBs say that too!)

it doesnt matter if you quit immediately or smoke less. it will effect the baby the same. there is no difference.

i was a heavy smoker before i got pregnant. then i wanted to smoke a cigarette once i felt so sick and that was the point when i kinda knew i was pregnant. immediately threw every cigarettes away.

smoking and pregnant is the worse shit ever.

would you give your newborn a cigarette? i doubt it. ;) its the exact same when you smoke when pregnant
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• never been a smoker, and i sure as heck wouldn't smoke while preggo.
    ashcoyle

Answer by ashcoyle at 2:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i was a chain smoker, and i smoked for the first 5 weeks, but i only found out i was pregnant at 4 1/2 weeks, took me a few days to quit. i had one cigarette a few months ago, but i regretted it..
    Anonymous

• i was a heavy smoker becfore i got pregnant and my dr told me since i smoked so often that i should gradually stop. bc my withdrawals would effect my babys stress level.

but i still didnt want to take the chance, i quit cold turkey and she is so far so good.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• When I found out I was pregnant I cut back at first and when I went to the obgyn he told me as long as my baby was up to par smoking wouldnt be a problem because he said sometime the stress put on a baby from the mother quiting is worse than actually smoking. Im 26 weeks tomorrow and my baby is actually a little big for her due date, she has a strong heartbeat and everything is fine with her it all depends on the mom and the baby check with your doctor he or she will be honest with you.
    Anonymous

• i smoked during my first pregnancy and with this one 2 my daughter is fine she is actually a big one year old she doesnt have any breathing problems or anything like that and the baby im carrying is heathly and growing normally a little big but atleast not under weight
    Anonymous

• I don't smoke but my sister smoked 2 cigs a day her entire pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• I quit during my first pregnancy cold turkey. I'm currently pregnant (36wks) with my 2nd and I haven't quit this time. My doctor knows, and only hounded me for the first few months
    Baby is right on track where she should be and my doctor hasn't said anything about it.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 3:20 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My cousin smoked through out the whole pregnancy. Her doctor was born premature and got RSV and still has problems. She gets sick all the time. So it does affect it. I was smoking when I found out I was pregnant. I went ahead and still smoked for that day but after that I threw them out. It was easy as can be! :)
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I quit when I found out i was preggo, both times. My niece cut down when she got preggo. Thought it was ok cause her doc said smokin less is better than not cutting down at all. Well she thought it had no affect on her daughter who is 1 now. But she coughs all the time and breaths like a 50 year old smoker (all throaty), and she is sick a lot with colds and ear infections. Can't tell me that isn't from smoking.
    mrspnut82

Answer by mrspnut82 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 23, 2008