Can someone please tell me i'm not crazy... or if I am?

I know this sounds very very very wrong.... but does anyone get annoyed of their kid?
mine is almost 12 months and sometimes it's just like "how am I ever going to get through this?! I'm only 17, what do I do???" And sometimes I feel really okward when taking care of him
Can anybody give me some advice as of some things to do with my son to recreate a bond with him? I know i'm his mom, but sometimes it's like "does he even know i'm his mom?"
IDK just so stressed out and need advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, you sound stress, but you knew before you had a baby that it wasn't easy..didn't you?
    Anonymous

• Youre very young and being a mom is hard enough. I think you should look into some parenting classes. They help alot and will help you come up with coping skills and things to do to help keep your baby occupied. I would also call DSS and see if they have something like Adolescent Parenting. My dd was in that through our DSS office because she was a pregnant teen. Its a support group for young moms where they meet together & exchange what its like to be a young mom.

Answer by gemgem at 2:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Yeah I knew it would be hard but I still wanted to be there for him
    I just feel as if i'm failing at being a mother and need ADVICE aobut ways to bond with him
    Not critisizm please I get enough
    Anonymous

• I think almost every Mom feels this way sometimes, and it's ok! Especially being as young as you are! You recognize it, though, which is great! Come on here and talk to us about it, we'll help you through!

I've actually not had one frustrating moment yet (my son is four months), but I KNOW the time is coming! Maybe I just thought things would be so much rougher than they are that I'm able to handle everything that much better, I don't know. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:52 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I wasn't trying to come across rude. I am 29 and get fustrated from time to time, it is normal and natural part of parenthood. It's like everyting else..ups and downs...good days and bad days.
    Anonymous

• As for a way to bond with him, try involving him in things you like to do, not just doing things he seems to be interested in. For instance, if you like to play tennis, start playing with tennis balls with him. If you can relate him to something you already enjoy, the two of you will have that to bond with.

Keep in mind that, althought the terrible twos are coming, so are the better days! As your baby gets older, he's going to be able to DO more things, which means you will, too!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Well parenting class will probably help you.

And i have to agree with answer 1 and also answer 2. you are very.. like VERY young.. obviously did you not plan on getting pregnant or didnt think about consequenzes when not using protection. Thats why its even harder for you to get a bond with your son. parenting class and maybe some support from your family. what about the childs father?! sounds like you are totally alone and have to do everything by yourself. that would piss me off too at age 17. and then with a child. tough job. not easy.

good luck
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Don't expect your kids to appreciate you until they have kids. Older children think of mom as a source of food, comfort when they are sick, money and transportation. Babies have big eyes and cute faces to draw you in. Are you in love with your baby? Do they irritate you, sure. Is it a hard thing to do at 17, sure. But my question would not be if your baby has bonded with you, but have you bonded with your baby. When you walk across the room does you baby follow you with his eyes? If yes then he is bonding with you. When you see your baby sleeping peacefully do you feel happy? If not seek counseling. If you haven't bonded with your baby after 12 months, then something is wrong.  I hope you are just having a frustrating day. 

p>

Anonymous

• You did ask for bonding advice so Bond over cheerios, talk to him constantly, build blocks together, roll and ball between you, peas poorage hot, peeka-boo, read stories, sing songs. zerbert his belly and giggle!
    Anonymous

• Well 1st off If you wanted help by mothers on her you should have not have added your age becauce they will go off by your age and think thats the problem. I was 16 when I had my son and I loved every min. of it. Now that he is about to be 3 years old and I am also pregnant he his been working nerves but I know Its cuz that I am preganant.
    Just understand that you child does know your his mother.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2008