i need yall help

Some of yall on here might think im crazy lol but my husband and i use germx everytime we pick up our 2 month old daughter,well my family thinks its okay to pick her up without germx cus there not sick but they dont understnad everyhing they touch has germs on it,she is jus gettin over rsv i have no idea how she got that cus i dont let many ppl c her but ppl seem to take ofense when i tell them to put on germx wat is yall opion?i hate makin ppl mad

Brinkleysmommy1

Asked by Brinkleysmommy1 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you feel it's necessary, then you have every right to ask for it. I'd probably be concerned if my child had RSV, too. Maybe explain that to them!

However, you can only sanitize her for so long...and it is possible to use too much of that stuff, so make sure it doesn't become a crutch for you!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I think the germ-x is a bit extreme. Is this your first child? Germs are everywhere and you can't protect her from it all. I think doing the germ-x thing is probably a bit fustrating isn't it?
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I think at this point, you can probably quit with the germX all the time. We used it all the time for the first few weeks, then we just used it when we thought it was necessary (after diaper changes, after sneezing, coughing, touching food, etc.,)
    We had it placed all over the house, so guests could hardly miss the point :)
    But I know what you mean, older and more laid-back relations will think you're nuts. That's a small sacrifice :)
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 2:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• u are AWESOME... I use it everytime i see another baby also... My baby girl was very very sick in the nicu on a ventilator because of germy ppl holding her....
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 2:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i think if she has been sick then yeah, but at the same time she needs to come in contact with germs to build her immune system. otherwise when she does get something major its going to hit her hard.

i think just simply asking to wash their hands is okay. germs are everywhere literally and you cant keep her from touching everything and putting things in her mouth all of the time, shes a child.

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• ive had 2 miscarriages and went through hell gettin her here and i hate seein her sick and i feel that its my job to protect her and washing hand b4 ppl touch her is a very good idea i believe..i dont think newborns should b passed around and diff not witout ppl washin there hands..and when i tell ppl they take offense to it but u have no idea where there hands has been..she is only 2 months old and its the best time for them to catch rsv..my doctor even preaches dont let ppl hold her witout washin there hands...i jus wanted to kno how do i go about it witout makin ppl mad??N no why would it b frusting that makes no sense it makes me feel good knowin im protecting my child and yes i kno i can only pretect her for so long and when she get a lil bigger she is gonna b n2 everything but while i can do it i am and i feel like im doing the right thing!
    Brinkleysmommy1

Answer by Brinkleysmommy1 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• just let them all know when you tell them that your dr thinks it best to make sure whoever holds her washes their hands because she just got over being sick with RSV and she is still a little newborn baby.

im going to have everyone wash their hands as well when my daughter is born.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I didn't care what anyone thought about that, but I didn't have anyone complain either. We had it all over the house when we brought home the twins, and I made everyone who came to my house wash their hands or use the germ-x before touching the babies for a few months. I also had an 11 year old, and it made me feel better about letting her hold the babies when she got home from school (I made her wash too, but I thought the germ-x made it safer). I also carried small bottles of it when we went out so I could use it after touching door handles or so I could pull it out when anyone started getting close to my babies.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• RSV is a virus passed around in the same manner as the common cold. (you could have walked by someone as they sneezed and the virus was on your shoulder then you placed her on your shoulder...it's not just passed by touch of the hand)

My youngest had it and was in the PICU because of it for a week when he was 5 weeks old. We lucked out and he didn't have to go on a ventilator.

GermX (and the like) and washing hands does HELP prevent colds, RSV and other viruses...but it doesn't stop them from getting it.

I *think* in your last post you are asking how to tell people to wash their hands (not using germx?) but I'm not sure. (It takes me too long to translate shorthand instead of reading English) If that's right then so what if they get mad? She's your baby and what you say goes. No washing of the hands, no holding of the baby. Period. End of discussion.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i see it as its ur baby,totaly understandible to ask them to do that in this weather.if anything just say her doctor told u to not let people touch her without using it,that way it hurts no ones feelings
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 4:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2008