How do I get him involved in reading this with me? Will it benefit us if I am the only willing to read it?

I went on to Amazon and read a couple of pages from the book Love and Respect... I was shocked! From what I read, it amazed me. It was written so perfectly except the husband and wife...haha. Haven't made it to that point and not sure if I will. I wrote a question earlier and was given some advice to read this book. Thank You for that. I am going to buy it for sure. I hate reading but this book attracted me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• Just tell him you want him to. Do you think he'll resist? If so, you could just read it, and when you come across something that really strikes a chord, read it aloud to him. Might spark conversation!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 2:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I kinda hinted at it in my e-mail that I was reading pages from this really good book. He knows I hate reading so maybe he will ask and I will slip it in there that we should both read it.
    Anonymous

• Read it alone. I read that alone because I knew my hubby wouldn't. There are sections just for the wife and just for the husband, it doesn't matter if you read it together or not. But this book is amazing! Everything in it makes COMPLETE sense. Just read it alone and start doing what the book says to do, I guarentee you will get the reaction out of your man that you want, just by doing your part.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I JUST SHARED THINGS W/ MY SO AND HE STARTED DOING THEM. I WOULD SAY HEY THIS IS COOL WHAT DO YOU THINK? AND THINGS LIKE THAT.
    Anonymous

• I read the book and my husband and I went to a small group too. I changed my life and I still apply the principles, even if my dear husband doesn't. So yes, it will benefit you both even if he doesn't read it. When I started to walk and talk respect for my husband, he became more responsive and wasn't as uptight and angry around me. He doesn't apply the principles much but I am feeling so much better about myself because I don't start or keep conflict going by being disrespectful and I understand where the urge to be that way comes from.

happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:46 PM on Dec. 25, 2008