emotionally and physically finished!

not with my pregnancy, i love my pregnancy and i love being pregnant. but lately i am just completely emotionally & mentally strung out and physically finished. i am exhausted all of the time. i am in the end of my pregnancy and started a new job, it may only be part time, but i havent worked in months either. i take care of the house, i work, i come home i make dinner my SO and i are having problems left and right, last night i slept on the couch until he woke me up and walked me in the room ( i was dead asleep and dont remember) christmas is stressing me out ive been already having contractions but its still too early. so that is worrying me.

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 2:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i just looked at myself in the mirror and i look BEAT. my eyes are swollen i have no color to me my body aches even though i slept about 10 hrs last night im still EXHAUSTED and i get to walk to work in an hour...
    ... can anyone please just give me some advice? anything...even some words to just brighten up my days... im sooo drained!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Sounds like you are in dire need of a "mommy day". Take a day to yourself, nap, read, go get a prenatal massage and a pedicure. Its perfectly okay to have a mental health day for yourself! Hubby can fend for himself for dinner and you just do you, and relax. After you have your baby, your not going to be able to focus soley on yourself, so you owe it to yourself to do it now.
    Anonymous

• Starting a new job is very stressful. No wonder you are tired with this and the pregnancy and the holidays and problems at home. It would be surprising if you were full of energy. :) Every day try to find some time to just relax and chill. Also, mention to your ob about being so tired. Drink enough fluids and eat nutritious food. Practice some relaxing exercises such as relaxing breaths: Breathe in slowly, think about pulling all of your tiredness into your lungs, blow out slowly and empty your lungs of all the tiredness that you have moved into them. Do this several times while relaxing your whole body. Think about things that make you happy. The new baby, for example. ((hugs))

Answer by Bmat at 2:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I know the feeling. I too am emotionally and physically worn out. I am also tired all the time, but when I try to lay down I think of things I could do. I have a hard time just relaxing. I have been getting contractions often as well and 34wks preg. I work all day getting up at around 5:30am working 8-4:30 and not getting home till 6:30. I have two small girls and also have to get dinner ready for the family. My hubby and I have def. not been always seeing eye to eye, which just puts more stress on you which is not good for the pregnancy. Christmas is a big stress this year, I am so excited but lack the energy to deal with it. Just try to cope best you can. See if you can get some help from friends or family or even just someone to visit to help either vent or what not. A little longer yet and then you can see why all this exhaustion is worth it.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 2:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• YES! even when i lay down and try to relax i have a million things going through my mind of what i could or should be doing. i might have the day off tomorrow maybe ill just try and relax and keep calm and just... do nothing.

i have never EVER been this ..... beat. seriously i am so just... want to hide in a little hole.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Take a very hott shower or bath and just relax and let yourself go and think. I usually take really long showers when I'm stressed out (which is most of the time)
    and i'm sure you and your man are both on the same stress levels and you aren't the complete same person so you express your feelings diffrently towards eachother
    Take the shower advice if anything and just wander in your thinking
    It may calm you down :)
    xxfrostiiexx

Answer by xxfrostiiexx at 3:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Just a few more days and the Christmas thing will be behind you, so take comfort in that! The holidays seem to be a big stressor for almost everyone (myself included!), but they'll soon be over!

Other than that, just take it one step at a time. I happen to know you're doing better than you think you are, as I see your posts on things all the time and can tell you have it together, even if you seem to be at your wits end. :D You're doing great, Mama!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i take a warm bath every single day lol it does calm me for a little bit but not much... thank you to everyone for your advice... ill probably mention it to my dr, i also havent been able to fall asleep, i just cant sleep ill be up until 2-3 o clock sometimes.. the other night it was about 440 when i finally fell asleep no matter how long i lay there.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• :) awh thank you katie

i appreciate that.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• It sounds like you need some extra TLC right now. Do something special for yourself. How about one of those pregnancy massages? I hear they are fabulous!
    jaimie175

Answer by jaimie175 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2008