How to use a study bible

I just recently found a new church family. After becoming a member they got me a womans study bible they knew that i was looking for a good one so they went out and bought me one. Now that i have one im not to sure on how to use it. Does anyone have any advice on how to even begin using it?

GraciesMom52407

Asked by GraciesMom52407 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• My church recommends starting by reading John. This is the chapter where there is a lot of information about Jesus. I suggest starting there. You could also get one of those books or schedules on how to read the bible in a year.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• You read it then go over it using the study guide. http://www.albertmohler.com/blog_read.php?id=2930

Answer by gemgem at 3:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Take a peek inside the first few pages. Most study Bibles have a few different options for studying the book...depending on how thorough you want to get. Like mine has a 6 month guide, a 1 year guide, and a 3 year guide. It allows you to check off the parts you've read as you go to help you keep track.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Check out this book...
    How to Study Your Bible (Paperback)
    by Kay Arthur (Author)
    I would also suggest reading the book of Romans through first.
    God Bless...
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 6:22 PM on Dec. 23, 2008