Im 37 Weeks how can I ask to be induced.

Im now 37 weeks and feeling horrible. I never have energy im constantly hurting and just want to have her. How can I bring up being induced?! DOn't bash If you don't have real advice that is NOT negative then don't answer please.
Thank You! Happy Holidays!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i would just mention it be like is being induced an option right now? or something like that....to kinda get the ball rolling on the subject. and then go further into being drained and tired and no energy level... good luck
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:13 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• they usualy wont induce you till 38wks and only if they think its medically needed other wise they want baby to come on her own. i know your tired but try and be patient let her come when shes ready. to be induced just becuz your tired is kind of selfish what if shes just not ready yet. im sorry you feel so crappy but it will be over soon.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I was induced at 41 weeks and the contractions was unreal...i had a epidural but it didnt even phase me the contractions was so bad i guess the pitcion made them worse...i would jus tell ur doc how u feel and ask if there is ne way he can induce u..most docs wait till atleast 39 weeks though! i was n labor though only 6 hours cus my body was so ready and my daughter was ready to get outta there i jus needed al il boost to get things goin!but best of luck 2 u
    Brinkleysmommy1

Answer by Brinkleysmommy1 at 3:14 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• tell your doctor how you have been hurting and stuff if they wont induce you they may give you something for pain possibly or just something to relax you
    Anonymous

• Unless there is a medical reason I dont know your dr would consider it. I know I had planned pregnancies for my last two including induction but I brought it up when I interviewed my doctor so they would know what my birth plan was. I also knew I would have GD since I had it with my other children. Im guessing unless the baby has an irregular heartbeat, is in distress, or you have a medical issue then the doctor probably wont induce.
    37 weeks and beyond is the most miserable part of pregnancy so I do feel your pain but I have a feeling youre just going to have to suck it up.
    Anonymous

• Honestly hun, I really doubt a doctor is going to induce you at 37 weeks unless it's medically necessary... If there's any way that you think you can hold on (I know those last few weeks are MISERABLE, to say the least!), just try to induce yourself with natural ways (sex is the most fun of those ways! haha). You SO want that "honey, it's time" moment!

If you're going to ask the doctor to induce, I think I would be very blunt about wanting this over with. I would be sure that he/she knew every little ache & pain, all about the lack of energy, etc. But be sure to keep in mind your baby's developmental progress. That little one needs to be given ample time to finish developing & getting ready for her debut!

Good luck & Merry Christmas! I hope that baby decides to hurry up! : )
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 3:20 PM on Dec. 23, 2008