What should I say?!

Im now 37 weeks and feeling horrible. I never have energy im constantly hurting and just want to have her. How can I bring up being induced?! DOn't bash If you don't have real advice that is NOT negative then don't answer please.
Thank You! Happy Holidays! I kno I posted this already but I accidentally closed it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• not sure what your relationship is with your doctor... but just let him/her know you're miserable. they still may not do anything for a few more weeks... but at least your doc will know you're interested in induction when the time comes...
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• they wont induce until at least 38 weeks. and i dont know a single OB that would induce you without having a medical reason for it. feeling horrible ect is just part of being pregnant. nobody said it would be easy to carry a child. its easy to make them, but not to have them ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• They usually won't induce for another 2 weeks unless there is a problem. You can ask, it doesn't hurt. I think 37 weeks is considered full term, so it's worth a try. Besides, it may be hard but a christmas baby is no fun... their birthdays and holidays get mixed together. Just hold off so your baby has his/her own b-day in January. For now, try to relax with warm baths, naps, and a heating pad on low on your back
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My best friend had a doctor that wouldn't induce her regardless... she went to 42 weeks. Ugh. My doctor induced at 40 weeks. This time around my doctor has already said he will start checking my cervix at 37 weeks, I have preeclampsia symptoms so higher risk. Even with high BP and protein in my urine he has to wait for the cervix to be cooperative so the induction will take. (They look for things like effacement, dilation, etc). Definitely tell your doctor how uncomfortable you are, and ask at what point induction would be an option.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:26 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• ^^ warm bath and heating pad on the lower back could cause contractions ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My friend was induced at 37 weeks because she wanted to be. But the Dr. she uses isnt a good Dr he bends the rules. Which I dont like. I know youare miserable believe me. I am going to ask mine next tues if they can do my c-section early because I am in so much pain but I doubt she will but it doesnt hurt to assk GOOD LUCK
    Anonymous

• 37 weeks and beyond is the most miserable for any pregnant woman. I dont think theyll induce you without a medical reason unless it was part of your birthing plan like I said when you posted the first time. If youre having a hard time sleeping theyll give you something for that though. The reason is its always best to leave the baby in as long as possible so that their likelyhood of survival is higher then it would be if they were born early.

Answer by gemgem at 3:29 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• A warm bath and a heating pad, causing contractions? i've NEVER heard that one.... OB's recommend it when women get uncomfortable and throughout the entire pregnancy!!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• well not only a warm bath.. but if the water is TOO warm.. yes it will cause contractions. every good midwife will tell you to have sex in a really warm bathtub to cause contractions if you want to have the baby (after 39 weeks!)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• lol... well I do mean just warm, not too warm.. besides she is pretty much full term, 37 weeks her baby will be fine
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 23, 2008