Anyone ever feel embarrassed when you go and buy a pregnancy test?

I wouldnt feel weird at all if I was in a bigger town. But Im in a VERY small town where everyone knows me. I can feel there eyes glaring at me from the whole store. I would go to the other town 8 miles away but right now the roads are iced over!! I have took multiple tests but they are so light that I just want to take a digital so my fiancee will believe me. Note that he has bad eyes and has had to have surgery on them. He thinks Im just seeing it and going insane lol. I just want to prove to him that I am right!

Marah2008

Asked by Marah2008 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• show him the directions it shuold say that any positive showing is a positive. mine was sooooo light. and here i am 32 weeks!

is there a wal mart or a store around you that has a self check out? try that :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:26 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Um, nope.

I bought four when I was PG with our DD - I was 33 and just happy my eggs worked!!!!

I think it is silly to be shy about buying pregnancy tests and tampons - unless you are buying a six-pack and a carton of ciggies as well!!!!

I hope 2009 brings healthy eyes to BF.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I get embrassed simply because even though I am 26 I still look like a teenager, and let me tell you, some of the looks you get set you back a step.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 3:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• why should you feel ashamed or whatever about buying a test yeah you may not be married but atleast your trying to find out and for your fiancee do what you think is best
    Anonymous

• Nope! ...

I dont
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 3:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I wish there was a walmart. The only thing I have is a dollar store and a price chopper. I look like I am like 16 and I got looks. But I try to flaunt my ring saying that I am committed and about to get married.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I don't know why.. I'm married but yes i do. I tell myself all the time there is NO reason for me to feel embarassed i guess i'm just nervous of someone seeing me and telling people that i'm pregnant when in fact the test come back negative.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I feel embarrassed all the time, because I look like a teen too, and I'm married. I even feel embarrassed going in to just get pads for AF. But I feel it's so stupid to be embarrassed, so I'm trying to not pay any attention to people.
    aluvk4evr

Answer by aluvk4evr at 3:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Yeah Im just afraid someone will tell my moms side of the family. Which they think its a sin to have a baby when your married. My beliefs are different though. Im afraid someone will say I am too young because I do look very young. One time I bought one at dollar store and my sister was with me and after I walked out the women said to my sister, she looks WAY to young to be having a baby. Im pretty sure my mom was so pissed and called the manager. That women got fired because they are not allowed to comment like that. Its confidential.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I dont really feel embarrassed to buy tampons. But it was funny a couple months ago, my mom sister and I were shopping at walmart. I needed a pregnancy test, my mom needed pads and tampons, and my sister needed protection. So we were checking out and my mom said she would pay for it all and it just looked ridiculous lol
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 23, 2008