Might be a stupid question. LOL sorry.

Is it possible for triplets (or more) to be identical?

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• It is very possible and also rare. In the case of triplets it is possilble for none to be identical, or even to have two identical and one fraternal.

Answer by MommyAddie at 3:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• extremely rare, but possible.

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 3:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• yes, possible, but rare. It means they egg actually split 3 times.

Answer by hopelessnance at 3:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• There is a show on Discovery health about a woman who had double identical twins. She herself is a twin. Her baby split to twins, then each of those split to twins. As the others said, it's extremely rare.

I don't think the egg can split three ways. They always show it dividing in half. Triplets can, however, be very, very similar.

Answer by Pnukey at 4:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

I found that.

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:29 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• An egg can divide in 3, therefore making identical triplets. There is a set of extremely rare identical quints in the united states as well. I have identical twins, so I read a lot of research about how eggs divide.

Answer by MommyAddie at 12:26 PM on Dec. 24, 2008