is it ok for my 2 month old to suck my finger?

he is always fussy and isnt hungry and the only way to soothe him is to let him suck on my finger until he falls alseep. does anyone else do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nope and i dont plan on it. i think its gross im sorry it just grosses me out. germs are everywhere of course, but MOSTLY on our hands and our hands are never completely clean.

if its what you do thats fine, that all you just me personally i will not do that.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• yepp i used to let my son suck on my finger. especially if we forgot his binky from time to time. he's nine months old now.. so he doesn't any more but i'll stick my fingers in his mouth to check his progress on his teeth =)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Yes, as long as your hands are clean. I wouldn't do it unless I had JUST washed them real good with soap and water. But as long as they're clean (and clean fingernails) it's okay. They suck on their own hands anyway and it's not like anybody really washes their infants hands before they let them suck on them..
    Anonymous

• I let me 4 month old suck on my pinky finger sometimes. As long as my hands are clean.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 3:37 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• He's 2 months of course it's ok as long as he's happy right? It's something easy you can do to please your baby! I would also try, (b/c you can't do it forever) try replacing your finger with his after he falls asleep ... or awake. Just try different things.
    candace71306

Answer by candace71306 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I remember falling asleep on the couch with my arm hanging off the couch and my finger in my daughter's mouth (she was in her car seat). When she was a newborn she wouldn't take a pacifier and I needed rest.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2008