whats wrong with my cat?

My cat's eye is a little irritated and has alot of eye buggers coming out of it. kinda like the eye is sticking together. What could this be? Is there medication for it? should I take him to the vet? I have kids so what do I do about that?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 3:35 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pets

• My kitten had that awhile back and it turned out he had poked his eye. I took him to the vet which turned out to be the best thing because he had an infection and almost lost his whole eye. If I had waited any longer he might have. That is one thing with pets you should never leave to chance is something regarding their eyes. They will give you antibiotic cream to put in the eye and probably have you bring the cat in a couple times to make sure everything is healing alright.
    If the eye can open on its own and isnt red then the cat might also have a cold. You would know if the cat has a cold though because they sneeze.

Answer by gemgem at 3:38 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• my cat had that a couple times and i brought her to the vet and it was an eye infection , they gave me these drops for her eyes , and to put them in was a 2 man job, but within a week it was better
    pumkincole

Answer by pumkincole at 3:40 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I would take him to the vet as well. Last time my cat's eye was like she too had a nasty infection.
    ljlM

Answer by ljlM at 3:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• sounds like what everyone has already stated...an eye infection. Def take him to the vet so you can get the ointment that goes in his eye. Hope your kitty gets better soon.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:44 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• might be an eye infection,clean it with warm water n a soft towel for a few days . If it dont heal or get better i would take it to a vet.
    TN-FOOR

Answer by TN-FOOR at 3:30 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Go to the vet, it could be more serious than you think.
    p.s. I'm a licensed vet nurse
    Bobbysmommy324

Answer by Bobbysmommy324 at 10:05 PM on Dec. 26, 2008