swaddling

How old were your babys when you stopped swaddling them? My 4 month old DS wont sleep unless swaddled just wondering when he will grow out of it

serenaxxmarie

Asked by serenaxxmarie at 3:36 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• we swaddled until he was 6.5months... i say do it until they don't like it anymore.
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My kids stopped liking it around 3 months...but all of my kids were 3 months old in the summertime and it was probably uncomfortable to them.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I just stopped swaddling my baby, he's 5 months.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:38 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Mines 4 months and sometimes we still do it at night. It helps him stay asleep.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Ha, I've just been saying the same thing with my 4 month old too. He still has to be swaddled. But he know how to roll over now so in the morning he rolls over still all swaddled up lol. I tried a couple nights ago and he just played and played. As soon as I swaddled him you didn't hear another peep. I'm guessing maybe by 5 or 6 months.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 3:40 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Kaylee is 7 months, and it was about a month ago that she just didn't need it anymore. She was falling asleep just fine without it. But then there is instances like today, where she wanted me to hold her until she fell asleep for her nap, but I am cooking for a Christmas party and can't, and the swaddling came to my rescue!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:44 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• We stopped wrapping their arms in when they started being able to roll, but our twins (16 months) still get swaddled for nap time and bedtime. In the evenings or at nap time we lay down their blankets in the floor and they go lay down on them with their heads sticking off the folded down corner. They smile and put their arms up waiting for us to wrap them, or lately they have been trying to wrap themselves. I guess it's just part of the routine now, and since it works so well we haven't stopped. I'm really afraid to mess with a good thing, like babies going to bed so easy!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• my baby didn't like it from day 1. I could tell that in the hospital, and she wouldn't sleep well while swaddled. I'm sure your baby will grow out of it once he gets more wiggly.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 3:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Mine hated being swaddled..from the very beginning. (they even hated it in the hospital..screaming until they were unwrapped...and they were tummy sleepers, too) From what I've heard they'll let you know when they don't "need" it any longer...or you can stop at any time. (then it becomes like removing a pacifier or getting rid of the bottle "kind of thing")
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My son is 5 months and still gets swaddled
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2008