Why do guys go so fast? Why can't we just date?

There's this guy that i've gone out with before a few years back. We've just re-connected and i went to his house the first night and spent an hour with him today. He had an on again off again girlfriend that he supposedly dropped last weekend and told about me. Now he wants to get serious with me but I told him I want to go slow, he said fine. He said he wants to spend more time with me even if it means he meets my son as just a friend and we all hang out together. I'm already feeling overwhelmed and crowded. I told him I wanted to take it slow and that when I'm ready for my son to meet him he will. The guy said fine. This guy has never been married and I feel like he's already pushing his way into our lives. I like it just my son and I and I would like to only see this guy every now and then. So what now? Do I break it off completely since he's getting so attached or do I just date occasionally but the longer we do if I'm still not as serious in him as he wants with me it will only hurt later. Soo confused but I do feel pressured.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Aug. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• That's a big red flag of a control freak. tread lightly

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

• i would back off , and act in youyr own best interest
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 9:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

• Something is not right. I would tell him you really dont want to see anyone right now because you like it just you and your son. It seems like he might have problems. Men usually get that it takes a while to meet children that their girlfriends have.
    rrsjna

Answer by rrsjna at 9:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

• control freak, don't you think! Tell him you just need to worry bout u and your son right now, yall can be friends ♥
    HuntersMommaxx

Answer by HuntersMommaxx at 9:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

• They can only go as fast as you allow. Back it off... He's moving wayyyyyy toooooo fast!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

• If you have told him twice that you want to take things slowly & this seems not to have slowed him down any, I would kick him to the curb. Apparently he is either too obtuse to understand what you are saying or he plainly has no respect for your feelings. If you llike your current situation of it just being you & your son, you are definitely not ready to involve yourself in any kind of relationship. Take your time, enjoy the life you have now with you & your little guy. When you're ready to start dating again and meet someone that means enough to you to introduce him to your son, you will know.
    Im1superduperrn

Answer by Im1superduperrn at 10:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

• Tell him u feel pressured and then back off. Dont let anyone push u into something ur not ready for!
    donegal11

Answer by donegal11 at 6:40 AM on Aug. 12, 2011