I am having my baby in Jan. so its going to be cold I want to swaddle my baby at night but what kind of clothes should I put on her?

I have sleepers for her but they are not thin so can I still swaddle her in that? (and a onece under it)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i always put an undershirt and a sleeper on her but the sleepers weren't real heavy
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i always use fleece pajama .. but the ones with feet on them. a thin onesie will help too, if the pajama isnt enough. you will figure that out when your baby is born. ours was a summer baby, so we only had to use reg. sleepers with feet, sometimes only onesies (depending on how hot it was)...
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Easy access for diaper changes is key...either a t-shirt or a onesie or I really liked those wearable blankets that zip up...just be very careful to zip away from baby's skin.

Congrats!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• do not over dress your baby unless your baby is sleeping outside... lol. some people over dress children they get over heated which is dangerous. the baby should have two layers.
    Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My son sleeps in a sleeper and a blanket. If he is in a thick blanket sleeper then we use a thin blanket to swaddle. If he has a thin cotton sleeper then we use a thicker blanket to swaddle with.

Or you could use jammies and a sleep sack if you don't want to swaddle.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:35 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I agree with the PP that said be careful not to over dress your baby because being too hot can be dangerous. I would say being swaddled in the pajamas will be fine!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:40 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Since I had two and it was a cold Jannuary and I needed to get in and out fast w/ each , I put on socks a onesie, then a nighty and then a blanket sleeper. Then you don't have to swaddle, you can cover w/ any kind of blanket according to the room tempature. Those nighty's on blanket sleepers are great because you don't have to pull legs in and out of p.j's w/ every change :)
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 4:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I had a november baby, and it was COLD after he was born. I would put him in a onesie and then the feety blanket sleeprs then swaddle. BUT, I kept the room he was in in the low 60's temperature wise. Think about what you wear to bed and and how much blankets you use, then dress baby accordingly.
    Anonymous

• My son was born Jan. 30. I did a lot of trial and error when it came to dressing him at night. I think I did the one piece footed suits. When it came to swaddling, the "swaddlers" you know the kind that velcro around him, were great! If I just used a blanket, it would always end up coming loose. And remember not to overdress him. They only need one extra layer than you do. Fell his skin occasionally to see if it is warm or cold to give you an idea of his comfort level.
    Anonymous

• Use a fleece sleep sack ( one without legs) so it is easy for diaper changing. You don't want to overbundle, because it make the baby hard to wake up if they are too comfortable( for the prevention of SIDS)
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 10:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2008