Can you call in a complaint about this?!

So this idiot came over and rang my doorbell saying: "If I decide to move in next door your going to have to do something about your dog, cause if it gets off the chain"-and kept saying if it gets off the chain....I put my dog out for about an hour at a time we don't have a fence, can he call in a complaint about a dog that's barking at him?! She's not in his yard at all she just barks at him. WTF does he expect he IS A STRANGER! I was just kinda blown away at his rudeness considering he doesn't know us and that's the way he wants to start off the relationship...sounded like a threat to my dog!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pets

• yeah he cant its a noise complaint. i know...
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:52 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• if your dog is tied up in your yard and has proper tags and shots i don't think there is anything you have to worry about
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• sorry he CAN*
    KelsoBabeyy

• Yep iv gotten alot of tickets for people complaining about my dogs barking.....and mine were in a fenced yard where nobody could see them..... Honastly he shouldnt have to have a dog barking at him everytime he comes out of his house or get out of his car to go in thats just annoying.... but yes he can call and complain and if he complains enough you could have to get rid of your dog!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• if the dog is outside barking nonstop yes that can be a noise complaint but if he is just barking at some one walkin by or in your yard. i don't see the problem dogs bark that is their nature. if you are worried about it i would call someone and ask them tell him what a jerk ;your neighbor was and you think you may have problems with him
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i would be annoyed and irritated if everytime i walked outside my door i had a dog bark at me constantly yeah its their nature but you brought the dog into the situation knowing someone could get annoyed of it.

i would be rude about it too if it always happened
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure, you might get a ticket or a warning like scaredmommy08 said.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 4:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• that is pretty rude. its funny but people don't seem to get that people are more willing to do you a favor if your polite. gl with that situation, big fences make good neighbors lol.
    bizymom413

Answer by bizymom413 at 4:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• What noone seems to be keeping in mind is this man DOES NOT live next door... He came by to look at the home and the dog WHO DOES not know this man barked at him. I do not think he can call anyone and have them do anything for barking at him the one time. Dogs bark at strangers and any rational person would tell him the exact same thing. If the man does move in next door you may to eplain to the authorites at some point that you put the dog out for an hour a day. He will have to deal with that. Any less time outside would be animal cruelty.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• yes! Thank you tat2edmommyof2
    Anonymous