Marriage

My marriage seems like its breaking apart since the pregnancy and that breaks my heart because had I known that I wouldof never let myself get pregnant..........Is this normal? or is this more serious. i am seriously depressed to and nothing seems to go correctly and I feel very alone. My husband is acting different to and detaching himself from me more and more and this is during a time I need him most.

cameramommy77

Asked by cameramommy77 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• A LOT of people go through this when the girl gets pregnant, it's a huge life change! And it's normal. Not to mention your emotions and hormones are all over the place right now. What I suggest is you talk to your man about your fears and yall hold out. After that baby comes it will be a different set of problems (im not going to lie to you) but if yall stick it out and stay strong and work through it, it will get better! Relationships are always easier when its just the 2 of you and now you are adding a life and stress on it and there is a transitions to go through, just dont give up!
    candace71306

Answer by candace71306 at 4:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• It may be mainly your hormones. Maybe your husband is picking up on signals that you don't even realize that you are making. If you seem depressed or cranky, the husband may feel that he should back away and give you your space. In a quiet time one evening, when you are both relaxed and calm, gently tell him your feelings and worries. Don't demand or accuse. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 4:35 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• We almost got a divorce while I was pregnant. We went through a LOT of emotional issues.
    Now that Hunter is in the picture, our relationship is so much stronger than it ever was. And the fact that we managed to work through the issues instead of calling it quits makes our marriage stronger.

If you can work this out, your marriage will get better, not worse... and after the baby is born, your relationship with your husband will change all over again.
    But please don't feel like you HAVE TO save the marriage just because you're pregnant. Being pregnant doesn't mean you have to put up with any bullshit.
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 5:31 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My husband told me AFTER I had the baby, that one of the biggest reasons he had such a difficult time adjusting while I was pregnant was because he felt LEFT OUT. Suddenly everything was about me and the baby- and he didn't feel included.

Maybe try avoiding people for awhile and giving your time to your husband. other than that, I don't have much advice.
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 5:32 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• This happened with my first pregnancy, my DH begged for so long to have a baby and I wanted to wait because I had just finished school! So when I became pregnant, I had visions of my DH kissing my belly and decorating the nursery together! It was a rude awakening. He was gone all the time (he was working-in his defense :D), he was a jerk to be around when he was home. I guess the reality of a baby hit him.  It wasn't just me and him any more.  I will tell you we've been together 16 years,  17 this Sunday (28).  Try to tell him you're feeling.

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2008