Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

What does it mean if your able to squeeze a drop of milk from your breasts?

So i might be in denial but for the last month or so my boobs started getting sore and tonight one of them felt kind of "heavy" so i squeezed it like i'm trying to get milk out to see whats up. sure enough, a drop comes out. then i try a minute later, same thing happens.

thing is, i havent been gaining or losing any weight and i will definetly buy a test but its been 4 years since my last child and i still have my mirana in (birth control).

has anyone had this happen and it WASNT a pregnancy?


Asked by americansugar80 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

Level 22 (12,423 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • I'm not pregnant and I an do that. Breasts make some fluid without being pregnant.

    Also, discharge from nipples can indicate breast cancer or infection.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

  • i hate to say it but you better get a test. that is how i discovered i was pregnant

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

  • it's colostrum

    Answer by mamawilbur at 11:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

  • I think you need to get a test.. The only time I have milk in my breast is when I'm pregnant or breastfeeding

    Answer by mommato2boys79 at 11:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

  • I can still squeeze "milk" out of my breasts, but it's more like colostrum. Last time I breastfeed was 2 years ago! I have an IUD as well, but the non hormonal one 'ParaGurd'. My breasts never used to hurt before when I was about to start my period, but now since I have the IUD they do all the time (and cramps!) If it was only 'milk' coming out that was alarming you then no I would say you were fine, but if you have other symptoms then I would say get a test (better get a test anyway) usually your breasts don't fill up until the end or after when you're pregnant.

    Answer by Electronica_Mom at 12:08 AM on Aug. 12, 2011

  • i dreaded asking this all too familiar question on CM lol

    Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

  • it is called colostrum it is what comes in before your milk

    Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:27 AM on Aug. 12, 2011

  • ok i knew there was a different name before it was called milk but i didnt know what it was and i was in a hurry to type it so the hubby wouldnt see. Does the name really matter?...but thanks anyway to the answers that helped me out.

    Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 10:05 AM on Aug. 12, 2011