What does it mean if your able to squeeze a drop of milk from your breasts?

So i might be in denial but for the last month or so my boobs started getting sore and tonight one of them felt kind of "heavy" so i squeezed it like i'm trying to get milk out to see whats up. sure enough, a drop comes out. then i try a minute later, same thing happens.

thing is, i havent been gaining or losing any weight and i will definetly buy a test but its been 4 years since my last child and i still have my mirana in (birth control).

has anyone had this happen and it WASNT a pregnancy?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm not pregnant and I an do that. Breasts make some fluid without being pregnant.

Also, discharge from nipples can indicate breast cancer or infection.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

• i hate to say it but you better get a test. that is how i discovered i was pregnant
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

• it's colostrum
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 11:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

• I think you need to get a test.. The only time I have milk in my breast is when I'm pregnant or breastfeeding
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 11:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

• I can still squeeze "milk" out of my breasts, but it's more like colostrum. Last time I breastfeed was 2 years ago! I have an IUD as well, but the non hormonal one 'ParaGurd'. My breasts never used to hurt before when I was about to start my period, but now since I have the IUD they do all the time (and cramps!) If it was only 'milk' coming out that was alarming you then no I would say you were fine, but if you have other symptoms then I would say get a test (better get a test anyway) usually your breasts don't fill up until the end or after when you're pregnant.
    Electronica_Mom

Answer by Electronica_Mom at 12:08 AM on Aug. 12, 2011

• i dreaded asking this all too familiar question on CM lol
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

• it is called colostrum it is what comes in before your milk
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:27 AM on Aug. 12, 2011

• ok i knew there was a different name before it was called milk but i didnt know what it was and i was in a hurry to type it so the hubby wouldnt see. Does the name really matter?...but thanks anyway to the answers that helped me out.
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 10:05 AM on Aug. 12, 2011