Only for atheists and agnostics-

Do you find the most judgemental, hypocrital, and rude indiciduals to be Christians? What then when they die and find out there whole life has been a lie?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Now if this question was reversed asking the same thing but only for Christians about atheists and agnostics... how would that go over. Isn't that what you're doing just by answering this question? I know it's only for "atheists and agnostics" but it's in a public forum so I'm answering. Just like I don't think all atheists and agnostics are what you listed neither are Christians. Yes, we are passionate about what we believe and for the God you don't believe in. Are Christians perfect? Nope, we mess up and ask for forgiveness. However, as a Christian.. although you have posted this question... I don't hate you... and still would not treat you badly. BTW the last question... what about you? what if when you die...you find out the Christians were right.
    Anonymous

• oops..correction - "Isn't that what you're doing just by asking this question?"
    Anonymous

• Anon 414 pm, I have no interest in a your Christian point of view. Take your "passion" for your God some where else. ONLY is an exclusory word and even though this is a public forum, your answer is unnecessary because the question was not for you.

This is my point, Christians are always stepping on the toes of others, lack respect for those of opposing views. It is like they cannot help themselves.

Anonymous

• I find that *some* are, yes. Just as some atheists, agnostics, and every other religion can be, too. Religion, or the lack thereof, is a personal decision, and personally, I feel that my choice is my business, just as your choice is yours. You shouldn't try to change my mind, and I shouldn't try to change yours. I feel that unless I come right out and ask you to convince me, change my mind, etc., then you shouldn't.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Okay, well, I'm not Christian, but I could understand what you said if she was shoving her religion down your throat, but she stated what she wanted to respectfully. I'm agnostic myself, and I would love to know your take too. If Christians are wrong, then they are, but what if in the end, WE are wrong? I'm not bashing you, I'm just saying that you talked about how she has a lack of respect, but I didn't notice anything disrespectful in her comment. You however were rather rude in your reply. She wasn't judging you, she was asking you a simple question. As am I. What if it turns out that we ARE wrong, and Christians were right all along? then what? She's passionate about what she believes, and I'm sure you are too, even though your beliefs are different. Why not respect each others opinions? I'm agnostic, and respect her opinion just as I'd like her to respect mine.
    Anonymous

• anon4:21 - wow.. isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. How many times are there questions for Christians that atheists answer with mean hateful words. I said nothing mean or insulting however when some atheists posts a Christian question the answers usually are.
    Anonymous

• Some of them yes. But you get extremists in any group of people. I actually have good relationships with some christians here. As for what happens when they die. Well nothing. Isn't that what an atheist believes?? You just cease to exist?? So they aren't going to know their life was a lie because there is no after. The body becomes worm food and the cycle of life goes on. I don't know that's what I believe. That's why I am agnostic atheist.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I'm agnostic... and yes some Christians are very rude and self righteous -- BUT -- living in a country where majority of people are Christian, I can't say that majority are rude. Unfortunately the loudest mouths are always the ones you hear. It doesn't mean they have the right message. Ironically, my cousin is a pastor.. he's a wonderful loving guy. I've been close with him since childhood. I think some people *need* religion. I would never take that away from them, even if I had undenable proof that all religion was false, I would take it to my grave. Honestly, I would be afraid of how some people would behave if they knew this was all we get. Especially those people that assume *I* have no morals without a god.. logically that says to me THEY would have no morals if they didn't believe in consequences from a higher power. Scary sh*t!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 5:52 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I'm an atheist. And a witch. But I have seen and heard those who have passed on. I have seen guardians spirits filling the doorway of my bedroom. Do I follow what most atheists believe or do I go by what I have experienced myself? None of us knows. I do kind of hope that, when they cross over, they find Allah instead of Jehovah. But I am sometimes a nasty witch, hee-hee!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I have to say as a Christian...that IF (which I don't have to worry about) nothing existed after this life of mine, I wouldn't know it--would I? So I wouldn't even be able to think "Oh, shoot...I was wrong all along."

I get so irritated when people accuse Christians of being the most rude and judgemental people. There are rude and judgemental people in every religious category! As a Christian...I've run into quite a few rude athiests...but I'm not out to bash them all! I know they're not all the same!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 23, 2008