Idiosynchrasies

Do you have someone in your life that has crazy idiosynchrasies (having to have things "just so"). They drive everyone else crazy with it! My sister can't sit in the middle of a restaurant, so we have to wait extra long for a booth by a window. My SO has to wipe off all the utensils before eating, even if they are clean. My aunt came to visit and she HAD TO have all three towels, bath, washcloth and hand towel every day. Someone just posted on here about her DH lecturing her because she doesn't put the groceries in the shopping cart the way he likes! I don't get people. I have my ways too but I don't burden everyone else with them!

hopelessnance

Asked by hopelessnance at 3:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• No of course I am perfect! LOL! Except that I don't like to sit with my back to the room if I am in a restaurant. That makes me feel creepy. I ate breakfast at a restaurant with a lady the other day, and she carefully wiped and pressed every piece of her bacon and sausage with her napkin. She needed more napkins, obviously. Then she put butter on her sweet roll! I couldn't figure out why get bacon and sausage if grease disturbed you, and if grease did disturb you, then why butter a sweet roll?

Answer by Bmat at 4:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Well I am perfect...*laughs* I am OCD..and though I am on medication for it, my whole life is one big fat idiosynchrasy.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• That's okay mamakirs, you have a valid excuse! And I know you don't mean to burden others. The one's I mentioned just don't care!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 4:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I have to have my closet arranged in a certain way, but it's my closet, so it doesn't bother anybody.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:14 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I have to buy new socks as soon as the bottoms stay discolored after washing them. I do for my kids too. It's the joke of the family.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I am full of them. I cannot help it.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 9:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Bmat, my point exactly! My aunt (same one with the friggin towels) insisted I buy splenda so she could sweeten her cereal, because she can't add sugar. But then later on she warmed up some cookies in a bowl and smothered them with ice cream!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 10:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2008