My 16 month old has really bad tantrums at night..

He wakes up in the middle of the night mad for some reason just rolling over everywhere, and when I pick him up he fights with me and then he goes backwards so I put him down and he starts crying again and rolling over everywhere, he is not awake cuz his eyes are closed all the time, he stops for a little bit and then starts all over again. Is this normal, or Do you think he is having nightmares?

VERONICACP

Asked by VERONICACP at 4:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• your son is having night terrors.
    http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/sleep/a/night_terrors.htm
    try this website and read about them and what they are and how to help him.
    itsokmomshere

Answer by itsokmomshere at 4:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Sounds like night terrors. My brother had them really bad when he was little. He eventually grew out of them.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 4:14 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Well I read the article for night terrors and it says children are ussually awake with their eyes open when they are having night terrors, Can this still be it? If so, what can I do? It happens almost every night.
    VERONICACP

Answer by VERONICACP at 4:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My brother was asleep when it would start and then he would wake himself up. My mom just had to go and try to calm him down, move things so that he wouldn't hurt himself, and then he eventually grew out of them. I would check with his DR though, cause things may have changed since then.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 4:42 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Change the diet.

http://soilandhealth.org/02/0201hyglibcat/020110shelton/020110shelton03.html
    Anonymous