This is going to sound really weird...is anyone affraid of their water breaking?I have 3 children and my water has NEVER broken. They did break it with my last one because I was being induced. I work at the air port in the control tower and this is really freaking me out.

Water breaking

julieinaz

Asked by julieinaz at 1:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My water broke but I was at home. My daughter was 2 weeks early and she was born very quickly like within a 1/2 hour. I almost didn't make it to the hospital. I had her in the ER in the wheelchair. My advise is take time off before your due date just in case since this is your 3rd it may happen fast. At least have a plan just in case your at work. It feels pretty cool after it breaks though and I had no meds of course. You can do it.
    natenally

Answer by natenally at 2:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• For my 1st child my water broke so they induced labor but they wound up having to do a c section.
    trahtina

Answer by trahtina at 2:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Well actually I am lol With my first it broke on it's own, luckily I was in my bathroom. Actually the doctors said mostly that's were it will happen (something about being relaxed, sitting down, pressure of the babys head) something like that. Anyways I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have been through four pregnancy with my friends and sister and the only person who's water broke was my friends and it was in her bathroom. It's rare, it happens, but probably wont. Alot of doctors say that it's a low percentage of women who's water actually breaks. So even if it does it only "gushes" when you stand up AFTER it has already broken, if your sitting it'll just feel like your peeing uncontrolably. It's fine dont worry and if it does happen strangers wont point and laugh, most of them will probably want to help and get you to the hospital =) dont be scared it's nothing to worry about.
    Mrs.Wills

Answer by Mrs.Wills at 2:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• my oldest daughter my water broke at home but they had to break my twins' waters in the delivery room.
    tfmmpmmdmmom

Answer by tfmmpmmdmmom at 2:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I actually heard of a woman who was terrified that her water would break in public...she carried a jar of pickles with her. Her plan was to drop and break the pickle jar if her water breaks. Hey, what ever works...it takes all kinds. You could always were a sanitary napkin during the last few weeks of your pregnancy to help to relieve your nerves. good luck!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 2:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My water broke in my hallway at home with my first, but they had to break my water with my second and third (now 36.5 weeks pregnant with my 4th). It only happens naturally like 15% of the time. It sounds like you might work in a heavily "man" work environment, which I'm sure would make anyone uneasy about it happening at work. But chances are slim. I like MommasCooCoo's suggestion of wearing a sanitary napkin to help calm your nerves about it. Best wishes!
    BensonMommy

Answer by BensonMommy at 2:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• i'm terrified of my water breaking. my midwife had broken mine while i was in labor with my first child, but i have a constant fear of this gushing waterfall while i'm out in public.
    tess-n-co

Answer by tess-n-co at 2:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• With my 4th child my water broke at home, about 2 weeks early...and it went extemely FAST!! I'd say take off work about a week before your due date, if you can...if not just be ready...you'll know when it happens!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2008