Potty training

My daughter is almost 2 and showing signs of that she is ready to potty train. She tells me after she goes to the bathroom though. Am I suppose to put her on her potty when she poo's? Because it smells so bad we are both gaging.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well if you want to fully potty train her you need to teach her to poo and pee on the potty. Poop smells bad, that's just life..and diet. It may help to keep some water in her potty. This way the poo won't stick to the potty walls and is easy to dump and flush!
    HadassasMommy

Answer by HadassasMommy at 3:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I would. I would put her up there with a book and say here honey, I'm going to go get you some clean clothes, you stay a sec and see if any more poo poo needs to come out. Unless she is scared or something...If my daughter has an accident on the floor, I still have her sit on the potty even though she's probably not going to go again, just to reinforce the habit.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:19 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• me too and usually there is more poo poo
    HadassasMommy

Answer by HadassasMommy at 11:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2008