daughter smiling

I lil girl will b 2 months the 28th and she is smiling and cooing all the time now..esp when sumone talks 2 her..does she kno that we talkin to her and that is why she is smiling?does she kno who her mommy n daddy is?her smiling does it mean she is happy?N when i carry on a convo with her she will start cooing why does she do that?

Brinkleysmommy1

Asked by Brinkleysmommy1 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, she recognizes her mommy's voice and is happy that you are there comforting her and talking to her. She's growing a strong bond with you and her daddy. Cooing and smiling is a great sign.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:36 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• At two months, yup! When she coos when you're talking to her, she's putting her two cents in! If you say something and then let her respond, supposedly she'll learn good conversation skills! I do it all the time with my son, I think it makes him feel important. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:36 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My son started smiling at about 6 weeks and hasn't stopped since! He's 4 months now but even then I knew he knew who I was, who Daddy is, and I knew he was happy. I love it now when he sees me in the morning or when I get home from work and his face lights up when he smiles at me!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2008