If the buyer paid me with moneygram on ebay then that means shes not safe if the items get lost during shipment right?

because I sent her the items but shes saying they got lost and I didnt get a tracking number.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Shopping

• Generally, you have no recourse if you pay with instant cash services and the item is not delivered as promised. Sending money through these services is just like sending real cash, and there is no way for you to get your money back if something goes wrong
    There is no eBay coverage. Items paid for through instant cash wire transfer services are not covered by any eBay buyer protection program! Even though The buyer needs her items quickly, she should not send money through an instant cash wire transfer service. Sending money through these services is just like sending cash and there is no way for her to get her money back if something goes wrong. Also, she won’t be covered by any eBay buyer protection program if she uses this payment method.
    Anonymous

• That's why I like to use craigslist, cash only and face to face.
    Anonymous

• There is a way to chat live with a member of Ebay. I would talk to them and see what they suggest.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Did she pay for insurance - and did you buy insurance on the package? If she paid for it, even if you didn't get it - you're obligated to refund her money. If you purchased insurance you need to contact the company the shipment was through and follow up with lost shipments.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 5:38 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• she didnt get any insurance Serafyna!
    Anonymous

• Then, I think she's out of luck :( she won't be happy - but once it leaves your hands if they didn't purchase insurance it's at their own risk. It could be seriously delayed from the holiday -- but it doesn't sound good for them. In your future auctions I would make sure you have a disclaimer about insurance and that its the buyers responsibility to buy it -- just to cover your assets ;)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 6:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I have been selling on Ebay for over 8 years (100% positive--even before and after the new feedback changes were instituted!), and I have NEVER had someone claim they never received their item. That is because I ONLY ship via Priority Mail, print my labels on line at USPS.com (Click n Ship), and get FREE Delivery Confirmation (60 cents at the post office). The responsibility ALWAYS lies with the SELLER to make sure that the item(s) arrive in the EXACT condition you advertised. If an item is a "one-of-a-kind" and cannot be replaced or substituted--YOU purchase insurance or charge the buyer in your shipping and handling fees. Otherwise, you take a chance. But you ALWAYS purchase or get for free Delivery Confirmation--regardless of how you send the item! A savvy Ebayer knows this rule, adn even if they DID receive the item, if you did not get DC, PayPal will ALWAYS side with the buyer!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:44 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• LoriKeet how will paypal get with the buyer? if she didnt pay me with paypal she paid me with a money order moneygram! So she's screwed now, right?
    Anonymous