Is stripping considered cheating?

I am married and have been for a very short time (8 months). I have not worked outside the home since Dec 07(had boy in May 08). My husband and I constantly fight and I know that if I was to strip that I could make some damn good money. He doesn't approve of it but it's not like he's working. . . . . .Would it be wrong for me to go? What if I served instead?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• I've worked as a dancer and as a cocktail waitress and never considered it cheating and neither did my partner. It's a personal decision and one you have to make. If you're comfortable with it, there's no reason he should'nt be. Especially if he's not working!
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Personally i would never in my life strip for money....and if its what you feel you NEED to do then go ahead..but my husband would kill me if i did that, but then again my husband works a ton
    Anonymous

• So...you're already fighting alot, so your solution is to go do something that you know he doesn't want you to do? Sound good? I think not.
    Anonymous

• If your husband doesn't approve then you should find something else to do. If you wouldn't mind if he were the stripper- such as a chippendale dancer- then I know it doesn't seem fair. But a marriage is a partnership. Your husband is a part of you. If part of you says it is wrong, then it is not something you should do.

Answer by Bmat at 4:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Its not considerd cheating unless you decide you would make more doin extra for more money so if you decide to dance do it in a professional manner dont trick for money.
    Heaven0802

Answer by Heaven0802 at 4:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• If your husband is against this then don't do it. You need to respect his wishes. No way would my husband want me stripping even if we were dirt poor and that's the only way we could get back on our feet. It's not necessarily cheating, but it is disrespectful not only to yourself but also to your husband. And if you go ahead with it and don't tell him it's lying. It'll cause more trouble than it's worth.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Hmmm I don't think of stripping as cheating - unless you are doing 'extra' things in private. I am sure the money is good, but is it worth the grief it would cause your marriage? It might be a good idea to look for jobs in another area. Speaking as someone who has been married 17 yrs, marriage is a give and take, compromise. It makes for hard feelings if one person deliberately does something they know the other won't approve of. Have you considered going to couples counseling? You have not been married very long and fighting all the time is not good -especially if you have young children around to hear that. I wish you the best of luck and hope things work out in your marriage.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• that is a stupid idea why show off your body to dirty men? what you cant find a better job? i d rather work at a waitress and make tips then show off my body. dont you respect your body?? its a temple and only your dh should see it not others...
    your hubby is right to be upset.
    Anonymous

• I would most definitely consider that cheating. Your body is your husband's and you'd be showing it to a bunch of other men every night. That's not respecting your body and it's definitely not respecting your husband. ESPECIALLY if he doesn't approve I would definitely say that this is something that should stay between you and him and if he doesn't approve then you'd be better off NOT doing it.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 5:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• If your husband doesn't want you to be a stripper, that's the end of the conversation.

kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 5:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2008