How is this going to happen?

I will have a baby the 29th *monday*

I am nervous about my 2 year old daughter she is very rough with her baby dolls i know it sounds silly but i tell her to be kind to them ..she will have a FIT when i hold these fake baby dolls and talk sweet to this darn doll like she is VERY jealous already i know its not because she wants to hold the doll herself she pushes the doll away from me and smacks this doll and trys to get my attention and jump into my arms she has been in the pregnancy since i found out she kisses my tummy ...knows there is somthing in there that we all call baby she does this herself she calls her baby dolls " babies so i know" she knows what a baby IS somewhat*

how do i honestly keep her from hurting my DD????
Without making her feel like she isnt wanted...i will try and do everything in my power for her to be involved with her little sister, but HOW?

LexsiesMommy

Asked by LexsiesMommy at 4:22 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wondered this as well and its really something you will have to work with her to see how to stop that behavior. I know taking some one on one attention has been helping my son. I also include him in on everything I can including changing diapers. He gets to throw them away and I make a huge deal out of how he is a big boy and such a great helper. He does get a little rough and I tell him to be easy and show him how easy he has to be with his little sister. Sometimes this works other times we put him in his playpen if he gets too rough...
    Charlies_mommy

Answer by Charlies_mommy at 4:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I doubt she will hurt the baby. Dolls and real babies are different. My kids were always intrigued by the new baby and wondered about the new baby but didnt hurt them and I have some rambuctious kids.

Answer by gemgem at 4:29 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Well She might hurt the baby! I am not saying she wont! they dont understand yet let her express her feelings and help her along the way!
    Anonymous

• The baby is GREAT and so is DD she is the best big sister!!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 4:42 AM on Jan. 10, 2009