How often do you let your kids stay at there grandparents?

Do you allow once a week? And i mean babies and up. I mean i can understand letting them stay more when they get old enough to knwo to ask if they can stay at gramdmas, but know that when mom says no its time to come home. But what about babies like5 months. How often do you let them stay if grandma and grandpa wants to keep them overnight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• usually once a month for my parents and then once for his parents. they LOVE having my son he is nine months and he sleeps all night he's such a good baby. So they usually get him once a month all night. my mom watches him tho whenever i need a sitter for a while
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My kids have always spent atleast one night a week with their grandparents until they were old enough to say they wanted or didnt want to go. For my kids it was diff with all of them since my parents were in the marines so sometimes they lived too far for that. Now my youngest is 3.5 and she goes Friday night til Sunday mornings to grandmas and has since she was 15 mths old.

Answer by gemgem at 4:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• btw our parents used to begggg from the time we brought mason home to keep him all night. we finally gave in at about two months old. but it was hard. LOL
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• well my parents live in the same neighborhood, so they see our daughter at least 2-3 times a week. we are usually there every weekend to have dinner together. when our daughter was still a baby and it got too late we just let her sleep at my parents. but now (17months old) she will sleep at my parents at least once a month. my parents just love her too much. sometimes my mom will call me in the afternoon (when she has off from work) and says: "bring me my little girl, i wanna go for a walk with her!".. and when i call her after a couple hours and ask when i can pick her up she says: "call me again tomorrow, we have lots of fun right now!".. lol.. the first few times it was hard for me, but i trust my mom more than anyone else so im very comfortable with having our girl over there :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My kids stay at my hubbys parents once a month... An hardly ever stay with mine...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My parents will not keep the kids overnight until they are potty trained! My 6 and 4 year old have spent the night at my mom and dad's house once, my 2 year old they consider too little. Dh and I would love some alone time once in awhile but it is not gonna happen for another couple years!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:38 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My daughter first stayed all night at my parent's house when she was 5 months old, and it was sooo hard on me LOL! We were out of town, and that made it harder. Now, both my daughters stay all night at my parent's house probably once a month. They see them all the time, though. They also stay the night a family friends house when the girls need some alone time from each other. It works out well, and it's usually only when me and DH have plans with other couples for the night. They never stay all night with DH's mom cause she lives to far away and although I know she loves my girls, I just don't feel comfortable with them staying all night with her. She doesn't know enough about there routine, and how they act towards certain things for me to let her have them all night.
    LizClara

Answer by LizClara at 4:47 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• NEVER!! My oldest stayed with my mother ONCE. And never will again! She thinks we are to soft with our children and feels it's her place to correct and punish them... So NEVER!!! My mother and Grandmother are the only grandparents they have...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• When we lived near our parents they would take our kids two or three times a month overnight from the time they were a couple of months old. We now live on the other side of the country so we are lucky to see each other once a year.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My ODS was almost 2 yrs before he spent the nite w/FIL&SMIL - since then he's spent the night about 4 times. We'll do the same with my youngest. Not sure if their going to want BOTH of the boys @ the sametime, lol. My parents live in MA and we live in FL so they never get overnites, if we lived closer I'd hope they would want to do overnites. MIL doesn't have alone/overnite privledges.
    Fooph121780

Answer by Fooph121780 at 5:38 PM on Dec. 23, 2008