Im 37weeks prgnant I went to my DC appt. Today she stripped my membranes it hurt at first when she did it but now I don't feel nothing is that normal?

Happy2bemom969

Asked by Happy2bemom969 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yeah thats normal. I had that done with my 4th baby and it hurt but by evening I was alright. I did end up in the hosp the same night because I had some contractions and they induced me.
    Anonymous

• Yes, that is normal. Good luck.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 4:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• yes it is..i got mine done and 2 hours later i was in the hospital.. gl
    s.bryant

Answer by s.bryant at 4:47 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Yes.
    Um... my question... why the hell did she strip your membranes at 37 weeks? That's absolutely insane.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 5:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Yup.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Ok - I'm a newbie (only 13 weeks prego). What does stripping the membrane mean?!?!??
    L_Bass

Answer by L_Bass at 5:29 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I'm with Rana...Why did she strip your membranes at 37 weeks?
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 6:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Why did the doctor strip your membranes at 37 weeks? Good question. Further more, why did you not ask your doctor about the aftermath of stripping your membranes? Meaning, did you ask if you would feel anything, pain, discomfort, swelling....etc. My suggestion to you is to get another doctor or ask your doctor why she stripped the membranes now. Is your baby above average? Have you been having several painful braxton hicks? What is going on?
    toweringbeauty

Answer by toweringbeauty at 8:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2008