Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for Army/Military wives?

If you and your husband (service member) are getting a divorce and you live in post housing, who gets the house? Does the spouse get to live in post housing just like if he died and the service member goes in the barracks or what?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • Unfortunatly no you can stay there as long as your seperated but once the divorce is final you have to leave...only the service member rates it if you have joint custody since they have to maintain a home for visitation but you have to leave within 10 days of the divorce being finalized..

    Answer by connorsmom22607 at 4:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

  • Yes, same with PP, at least in the navy. Both must leave. Even in joint custody cases with the NAvy, the service member has to find a place to live on the town. Base houseing is for married couples only.

    Answer by navy-wife at 5:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

  • Base housing is for married couples, so I don't think either of you could stay. It's different in the event of death of the servicemember. My husband is USMC and we got restationed before we ended up in base housing, so it may be different if you're a different branch.

    Answer by MamaCatCat at 5:13 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

  • I meant for until the divorce was final...

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

  • You may live together or you can request he stay in bachelor quarters if there is room. Tehnically, you have to share or work it out yourself.

    Answer by navy-wife at 5:52 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships

Next question overall (Preschoolers (3-4))
not gaining wieght