Ok...so call me a weirdo...

But does anyone else think that there is a chance (though it may be a VERY small one) that Casey Anthony is innocent?? I don't know - something just seems fishy to me with this whole case. I know the evidence points directly to her but I can't help but have this nagging feeling that she may be lying to save her family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• She didn't report her daughter missing until a month later. Yeah, something is fishy about that.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 4:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• It has ticked me off from the get go that she was found gulity in the court of the all mighty media! Innocent until PROVEN guilty. I think she did it. But shoukd she be esnt to prison just because I think that NO. The evidence needs to be shown first!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Not at all, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out someone helped her.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Weirdo!!! ( you said to call you a weirdo) LOL

i think someone else is apart of the case. Its just way to weird that she didn't report her missing til a month later
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 5:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Anything is possible. She just isn't helping her case by being so hush hush about it. Maybe she is protecting her family, maybe she did it. I think even if she is proven guilty, we will never know the true story. Only God knows.
    Anonymous

• I feel like maybe the grandparents were involved. I honestly do.
    Anonymous

• Have you heard the 911 calls when her mother (Cindy) called and reported the smell in the car and that she hasn't seen her granddaughter in a month? That was a hysterical grandmother, then the 911 operator talked to Casey and she very calmly told her that she hasn't seen her daughter in 31 days. Then there is the video of George talking to the police, he said he knows that smell in her car was a dead body. I have the links that you can search through to hear and see these if you missed them.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18343056/detail.html

She may have purposely killed her, it may have been an accident and someone else may have known about it, but either way Casey is responsible. What mother wouldn't report their child missing even if it has only been 5 minutes, if it was an accident, why wouldn't you still call 911 to get some help?
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I doubt very much that she is innocent. If it was a matter of protecting her family, the minute the coroner announced that the body was indeed Caylee's, she should have shouted from the jail cell the truth. There would be no reason not to. Then there all the lies and wild goose chases she has sent the media on. And lastly, the joy she is getting from all of the attention and the pain she has caused her parents. Just watch her on the video's and she is not like a woman desparate to find her baby. I do not think she had help or she would have already ratted them out to save her own neck.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 5:32 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• If Casey was innocent, she would not have lied about everything under the sun including who the father of her child is, her car would not have smelled like a dead body was in it, she would of searched for her child instead of sitting on her butt, she would of reported her daughter missing from day one, and the list could go on. In her jail house conversations with her family, it is obvious she is lying she wanted Caylee home because her eye movements tell it all.

And where is Caylee's carseat? Was there evidence on it? Was it disposed of?

This is not a case of a mother being "railroaded", the FBI has evidence and that is why she was charged. Her lack of emotion regarding her daughter says it all without words. To think this child's head was wrapped in duct tape is utterly sad. This poor child.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 6:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• God, who really knows..I just feel bad that the case will not be fair because of all the publicity..kinda like the O.J. trial.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2008