Do you consider yourself high maintenance?

If so, why? What makes someone hight maintenance? Is it because they like expensive things, or just like to shop? My husband says i am high maintenance.That if i was married to a rich guy, he wouldn't know what hit him. LOL. He always picks at me bacause i can't go somewhere with out buying something off the list, or something rediculously expensive to other people. Like at our fair on the square i paid a hundred dollars for a christmas wreath. And we had company and the girl asked me where i got it and how much it was when i told her she was just like OMG, i would never spend that. Well then if you didn't want to know why did you ask? I mean it is hugh and has a wooden santa in it. To me it was very well priced. It is not something that should just be thrown in the closet. It will last many christmases

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Money & Work

• outsiders think i am because they look at me because i dress nice and like nice things however my husband tells me i'm not. It doesn't take a lot to make me happy. Just quality time and love! I shop clearance racks. I DON'T accessorize. When I do spend alot of money on clothes its only like once a year or when we have the extra money to do so. I DO like purses. I do like expensive ones. Although i only have like 2. I don't live beyond my means. People can think what they want of me. =D
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 4:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I try to be responsible when I buy something. I buy an expensive coat every few years rather than a cheap one every year. I buy good shoes so my feet dont hurt. (like $60 good, not $300 good)

But I buy the store brand pain reliever because it works just as well.

I'm not high maintenance at all but I try to weigh the value and I do buy a higher priced item if it's worth it in the long run.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 4:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• High maintenance to me is someone who likes ot buy a lot of expensive things.

I like to shop, but I'm not high maintenance. I shop clearance and sales racks only and and pretty frugal with the money I have.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I am but then again I also bust my butt. So the fact that I want, get , have expensive and nice things isn't really an issue. My hubby loves me like I am and he is spoiled rotten as well.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 6:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I guess I think of high maintenance as an attitude. Someone that is difficult, likes lots of drama, fashionista that will throw temper tantrums when she doesn't get the $3000 purse from daddy or hubby. Someone that can't be reasoned with when it comes to money.
    I don't see liking and being able to afford expensive things as high maintenance. I don't see dressing nice and having a nice hair cut or having your nails always done, as high maintenance.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 9:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I seen high maintenance as someone who takes a lot to maintain themselves. Ex: they must have their hair done every certain amount of days, they must have their nails done, they must have nice clothes at all times, they must drive a certain car. I see it that way. Someone who takes a lot more then the average person takes to maintain
    BusyB-Mommy

Answer by BusyB-Mommy at 10:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I am very high maintenence
    YummyMummyNat

Answer by YummyMummyNat at 7:31 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• no way, absolutely not. I keep my hair extremely short and don't bother doing anything with it except toweling it off after a shower; I don't wear make up nor jewelry; with the exception of bras and underwear (and I wear men's boxers) and athletic socks, I buy my clothes at GoodWill or Value Village. I wear sweats, t-shirts, or jeans to work. I keep my nails short and don't bother with manicures nor pedicures; my closet contains sweatshirts and long-sleeved t-shirts.
    the most expensive clothing items I own is sportbike motorcycle gear--I don't scrimp on that.
    moniquesand

Answer by moniquesand at 10:08 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• and I drive a Ford Ranger truck.
    moniquesand

• I'm not. I consider high maintence the type of people that have to have a 600 dollar purse and 200 dollar shoes. Worried over designer labels and fashion trends. I dress myself and my family in gently used clothes, I shop clearance, I am extremely frugal. I *do* love jewelry. But I am educated about it.. again I don't care about designer names - I care about quality. I have fun jewelry shopping at pawn shops and I have some *amazing* pieces of jewelry. Plus the hunt is part of the fun. For electronics we do buy some of the best, but again I bargain shop.. I wait for amazing deals. We have a 61inch TV retailed for 4k that I got for 1400 brand new. I do my research and I get what we want without breaking the bank. (The TV was replaced because of a house fire, not on a whim purchase - insurance paid for the new one)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:32 PM on Dec. 24, 2008