DO HUSBANDS STOP CHEATING AFTER BEING CAUGHT? IF HE SAYS HE IS GOING TO STOP.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• NO they dont stop. I caught my ex husband cheating 2 years before we split up. He said the same thing and was so sorry. Two years later I found out he was still cheating & with the same person. I kicked him out and Im only sorry I didnt do it sooner.

Answer by gemgem at 5:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Personally, I think that after they get caught, if they get away with it and are forgiven, then they will do it again.
    Anonymous

• Frankly I would have a hard time trusting someone again if they cheated. How do you know that relationship has really ended permanantly? How would you be able to trust that he would not cheat again in the future?
    Anonymous

• they all do it again.. guess he will just be more careful next time ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I agree with the PP. If he gets away with it, what's to stop him from doing it again? There are marriages out there that have survived infidelity and are stronger than ever. But trust has to be there for it to work. If you don't think you can trust him again, then don't stick around. But if you really want to work on it, get into counseling. I also highly recommend this book: Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I DONT KNOW IF IT IS OVER. I AM ASKING FOR IMPUT. I DONT TRUST HIM AND I PROB. NEVER WILL TRUST HIM AGAIN.
    Anonymous

• then this marriage is over anyway... what bothering with it any longer? if you cant trust him anymore.. ever.. then what bothering with it?!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Trust has got the be there. If you don't trust him anymore, then everytime he leaves the house, is running late, or gets a phone call, you're going to wonder why. That will eventually drive you crazy. You deserve to be with someone that you never have to question or second guess.
    Anonymous

• Leopards never change their spots is the saying that comes to my mind!!! Once a cheater, always a cheater. Plus could you ever trust him again? There is NO relationship without 100% trust!!!!
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 5:13 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• GEMGEM, THAT IS WHAT I AM AFRAID OF HAPPENING TO ME.
    Anonymous