3 IN A HALF lbs AND 7 MONTHS PREGNANT.. Sorry didnt mean to close this question

3 IN A HALF lbs AND 7 MONTHS PREGNANT.. I'M WORRIED !
I just got back from the Doctors and she said that the baby was 3 in a half lbs.. My cervix is close but she is worried i might go into labor early in the next few weeks bc i had my first a month early. I'm 143lbs and I started at 110lbs. I eat pretty healthy and I quit smoking at 4 months of pregnancy. My first son was 5 lbs 8 ounces a month premature and was healthy. Everyone is saying i need to eat more but I do eat. My mom just told me also my aunts had their children @ 8 months. I feel like my body's ready to give birth but the baby's not. I guess my question is what can I do to help the baby gain more weight in the next four weeks just in case i do deliver

lisacieslak

Asked by lisacieslak at 5:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I just responded to your other one right as you closed it. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Sorry about that.
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 5:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• In the next four weeks your baby should put on enough weight to be safe, maybe gaining 2 more lbs
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I have to see the doctor every week now.
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 5:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Thank you ladies for all your help, I feel so much better :)
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 5:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• sometimes the measurements are inaccurate. they said i was going to have a 9 pound baby, turned out my baby weighed 7 pounds, 5 ounces at birth (40 weeks & 3 days pregnant)
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 5:31 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Sometimes they are inaccurate with the measurements. The doc told me a 7 lb baby for sure and she was 8lb, 5 oz. Dont stress about it, that will not help, just make sure you eat like the Dr advises you to and relax!!
    Kelly_n_Payton

Answer by Kelly_n_Payton at 5:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• the measurements by ultrasound can be off by 1lb in either direction, also if your cervix is closed i wouldnt be 100% that it could happen "any day now" - i think you should stay off your feet as much as possible so you dont start anything.
    But they do have ways of stopping labor if you go in to labor too early - although you will for sure be on bedrest if they do that!
    as for eating more? - i think the baby will grow at its own rate regardless what you will eat. not to sound too rude but my DH's cousin is a big lady and she ate like a big lady when she was pregnant and the baby was 5 lb 10oz... so baby will do what it wants.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 6:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2008