Getting Toddler to have BM on Potty!

My daughter is nearly potty trained, even taking naps or being in car for long periods without going. She is even telling us when she has to go, if we don't remember to take her. She was having BM's on the potty before going pee. But now, she just won't go poopy on the potty! We can't afford the pull-ups anymore, but I am tired of cleaning poopy underwear!! Any advice? She doesn't seem scared to go and is so "proud" if she actually does goes on the potty. We try to really praise her if she does, but this is so rare at this point that I don't think it is effective!!! :-(

LorNSamsMom

Asked by LorNSamsMom at 5:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The best I can suggest is to wait it out. I know that doesnt sound encouraging, but my friend is going through the same thing with her DS. My DD is still at a point of still going both in her pull-ups and going pee in the potty. She only tells us sometimes. We are struggling to afford the Pull-ups too... I cant wait to be in your position as odd as that sounds. GL
    Kelly_n_Payton

Answer by Kelly_n_Payton at 5:40 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Switch to cloth pull-ups. Better for the health of the child, the environment, the finances. Do not stress over "potty training," children will complete this process on their own when they are ready. Despite what our mainstream culture teaches, interference from parents is not needed.
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 6:36 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I'm not much help for you because I am having a similar problem.  My daughter is gonna be 3 Jan 17th.  She has been peeing in the potty for a month now.  She has NEVER pooped there.  She will poop then tell me I pooped and go to the washroom for me to clean her.  She doesn't wear pull ups at home any more.  She wears panties to bed and panties all day long.  If we go out and will be gone awhile she will wear an pull up then.  She will only use the potty or I can attach her potty to the big potty.  (our toilet) but to go on the toilet?  lol!!  NO WAY she freaks out and cries.  so i take the potty with us! good luck!

1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 7:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i had a great piece of advice that worked for me from another mom on the site...i told my son that santa wont bring him any presents if he poops again in his pants and if he poops in the potty then he can have a new car and santa will bring him lots of toys...within two days we had poop on the potty...her suggestion was to find something your toddler LOVES and wont miss for the world and use it as a tactic..it works ....and im greatfull
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Try have "poopy" play. Have a really, silly time making playdoh poop. Half the fun is figuring out which colors to mix and deciding when it is "right". Then put it in a clean potty. You can have a doll or stuffed animal pretend to need to poop and ask her silly questions like "Should teddy poop in a chair? No. Should teddy poop in her panties? No. Should teddy poop in a kitchen cupboard? No. Where should teddy poop? The potty!"
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• duct tape her on the potty and give her plenty of ex-lax.. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:38 AM on Dec. 25, 2008