how long should i nurse? I so enjoy it but dont want to do it too long

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in General Parenting

• That is entirely up to you.
    Some will tell you one year, some will tell you longer. Some will tell you to let the child self-ween, some will point out that many children only self-ween once peers are making fun of them.

I will tell you that the most health benefits to the baby (vs. formula) occur in the first 2 weeks and that any length of time is great!

Picture yourself nursing a bigger infant. Picture a toddler tugging on your shirt. Picture a pre-schooler wanting to nurse. When you don't like the picture, you'll know when you should stop. Figure it out now and plan ahead.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Till they get teeth and bite, if you still want them to have breast milk, pump and give them a bottle or sippy thats what I did for over a year after I stopped nursing.
    Pghpagirl

Answer by Pghpagirl at 5:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I nursed my son 8 mos and my daughter 11 mos.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:17 AM on Jul. 15, 2008